09

A few hours passed. It is noon. Dave laid down and just recently woke up. Calmly eating a bowl of cereal in front of him.

Krist entered the kitchen. He sits down at the table. Right next to Dave. He raised an eyebrow. "How's Kurt?" He asked.

"Kurt's fine." Dave responded. Stirring his cereal in the milk. "He took the naltrexone. He's asleep." He explained further.

Grabbing a spoonful of food, he takes a bite. Krist sighed in relief. "Wow, Dave. You're the first one that actually got him to take it."

Dave looked over after finishing his bite. "What?" He asked. Shocked. Krist nodded his head.

"Yeah, he hasn't touched the bottle since he got it. He said it was dumb. And, said he wasn't a addict. But," Krist scoffed. ".. Obviously, he is."

Dave felt his heartache. He couldn't eat anymore. He pushed the bowl away. Tucking up his knees, still seated in the chair.

"Well, all of it here is removed. I'll keep a closer eye on him from now on so he doesn't do it again. He'll take the naltrexone once a night." Dave explained. "I'll let Kurt know, of course."

Krist furrowed his eyebrows. "You sure he's actually willing to take naltrexone once a night?" He asked.

Dave shrugged. "Well that's what the medication says for him to do. I read the bottle. If he doesn't, it's fine. But I'm still going to keep an eye on him."

Krist nodded. He patted Dave's shoulder. "Wow, you're much better at this than me. When I figured out Kurt's usage, I went batshit. I shouted at him. I told him I wasn't his friend...which soon after this I apologized. Just, it was a crazy day then. Year uh, '88."

Dave shakes his head. "Jesus, that probably was very hard on you." Krist nodded. "It really was. Especially seeing him do it now still, it fucking scares me. It's 1990! He's been using this since '87.."

A frown grew on the drummers face. "Was he really addicted then?" He asked. Krist shakes his head. "No, he would only use it once in awhile. But now.." the bassist teared up.

"I don't want to talk about it anymore." He suddenly snapped and wiped his eyes. Dave sighed. "Okay, well Kurt's fine now." He reminded.

"Right." Krist mumbled.