| 14 | The party!

I started to feel my body feel light and my eyes feel heavy so I texted shadow goodnight and set my phone down and turned around my bed and curled up a little to get a little more comfortable while dozing off.

And in that very room, on a certain tan desk laid a blue phone case on a charger with a white lamp and a Shadow plush in front of it with a picture of sonic and shadow at the chao garden, and sonic had his chao in his lap while sitting crisscrossed and shadow was doing the same with his chao with a smile on both of their faces with their other hands touching each other to form a heart.

• • • • • • • • • • ⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ⎯ • • • • • • • • • •

3rd pov:

It was now 12:00 pm and now Sonic was taking a shower waiting for his friends to arrive at his party, Tails was just in his workshop working on his inventions- like always but he promised Sonic when the party starts he'll join.

Sonic walked out of the shower and grabbed a towel that was hanging on a rack and started drying himself with it. After he was done he placed it in his bin to wash later and walked downstairs and the doorbell rang at that exact moment. Sonic walked to the door and opened it revealing Knuckles, Rouge, and Amy. "Oh hey guys come in!" Sonic said while ushering them to come inside and so they did- but before Rouge could pass him Sonic tapped her on the shoulder, "Hey Rouge do you know where Shadow is?" Rouge just shook her head "Sorry hun, I didn't see him at home today but he'll probably still come to your party so don't worry" and with that, she walked past him and towards knuckles.

Sonic knew he couldn't close down an entire party just because of one person, even if they're your boyfriend so he just put it as if he was running late so he wouldn't overthink it and walked toward his friends while seeing them all in the kitchen getting a beer, and he didn't see Tails which was good because he wasn't getting beer but bad because he promised he would be here.

Sonic stomped into his workshop and saw Tails exhausting himself so he quickly ran to Tails and moved him away from the plane he was fixing while scolding him.

"Tails, you know you can't work for this long without exhausting yourself and you promised you would be at the party so let's go" Tails knew there was no getting out of this, but he did feel tired so he just nodded his head while walking out his workshop and into the living room/kitchen but before Tails could even open his mouth sonic interrupted him. " if I see you with a beer you'll get banned from your workshop for a month." that made Tails look at him in shock but he did that he was looking over his younger brother so he guess he could let it past.

Sonic walked toward the countertop while grabbing his phone and opening it up and texting Shadow.

Shadz 👑

Today 12:43 pm

Shadz where are you?? the party already started

Oh sorry love, I just had to get some stuff

Like??

stuff that's sadly, not for you

Oh. but that still didn't answer my question!

I'm chaos controlling there now, cya there love

Before Sonic could even respond he heard his doorbell ring he quickly ran up to open it and he saw his boyfriend, Shadow the hedgehog. He hugged him tightly before letting go and giving him a small peck on his lips and letting him inside the house. Thankfully everyone was finally out of the kitchen and now they were all in the living room and talking about some stuff.

"What are you guys talking about?" sonic asked and rouge responded pretty quickly "Oh, we were just getting ready to play truth or dare" why would they want to play that kind of child's game? but sonic didn't want to ruin the party so he just nodded and ushered everyone to come to the middle of the couch in a circle with Shadow on his left and Tails on his right.

Since Rouge was the one who came up with the idea then she supposed that she go first.

"So~ Knuckie truth or dare?" while narrowing her eyes towards knuckles with a smile on her face. This made knuckle start to sweat determining which one he should pick because Rouge can make either of them bad no matter what but a man never backs down- well that's what Knuckles says. "Um...dare" Rouge started to giggle while saying "I dare you to confess your crush" once again, this made knuckles start to sweat more with a redder face than it already was, he just covered his face while saying "You.." rouge started to giggle more and walked over to give knuckles and hug and a peck on his forehead.

After that was over it was now Knuckles' turn and he was staring at sonic deathly- which made sonic pretty nervous. "Sonic, truth or da-" sonic cut him off while smirking and saying "dare" which made the smirk appear on Knuckles's face but disappear on Sonics face when knuckles said the dare.

" I dare you to kiss your crush " which made sonic immediately turn red, yeah he may have kissed shadow many times but now if he does it everyone will know that he and shadow are together- and knowing shadow he'll probably take it too far. "I- I don't have a crush on anyone in this room knux what do you mean.." Sonic started to nervously sweat knowing there was no way out. "Oh sonic, I know you have to have a crush on someone in this very room" Sonic just gulped down his nervousness and turned toward shadow and kissed him, which made everyone gasp- especially Amy.

And shadow took this as an opportunity to prove that it was true he kissed sonic back while hugging him as well. Once that was done Sonic carefully moved away from shadow while looking at everyone- even Tails and their mouths were hanging wide open Sonic just nervously shrugged.

Sonic knew they all had questions so he answered for them. "Yes, I know you're shocked that I'm together with my rival but he is nice once you get to know him" Sonic stared at Amy with a death glare before continuing," And it was actually thanks to our chaos energies which brought us together- I would explain but it's a long story." Everyone stared at Sonic in shock before getting up and running up to him (except Rouge) and hugging him (and shadow).

That moment he knew...

That they all accepted him (and shadow)

Once again, after a silly game something amazing happened

Thanks to rouge.