| 5 | Hanging out with you ● pt 2

"Oh, that's not lavender" *chuckle* "That's um the...flowers I got you see?" Sonic said while picking up the flowers and handing them to the shocked- and ebony hedgehog. Shadow grabbed the flowers from him and started looking at them and he soon noticed a little bag inside. He picked it up and it was coffee beans!, Shadow looked at him surprised while giving his rival a small smile which- Surprised the other.

• • • • • • • • • • ⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ⎯ • • • • • • • • • •

- - - - - - - - - - Sonics pov~ - - - - - - - - - -

Words cannot describe the feeling of shock I'm feeling right now, the ultimate lifeform, my rival, a guy who almost NEVERS shows emotions- unless he's making fun of someone, just smiled at me? I couldn't control the blush on my face no matter if I wanted to or not. All I could do was just smile back and look away so he wouldn't see it- he most likely did already though. After I calmed down I looked back to him and asked him if he liked it- 'duh sonic he does, if he didn't he wouldn't have smiled at me I'm such an idiot.'

"So, do you like it?" I said while a smile formed on my face. Shadow looked back at me and nodded, "Yeah I do, thank you Sonic" He said while looking back at the flowers. Now shadow was calling me by my real name??, I just had to ask the question I've been wanting to for a very long time.

"So....does this mean...we're friends now?" I said while fidgeting with my thumbs nervously waiting for his answer.

"I mean- I don't see why not, you obliviously know my favorite stuff so sure I guess" I wanted to scream and hug him so badly after he said that but I contained my emotions and just nodded with now a big smile on my face.

After we talked for a while shadow stood up while picking up the flowers and signaling me to get up and so I did, Shadow walked towards me while saying "So, where do you wanna go now?" I shrugged "Anywhere you wanna go, I did ask you to hang out after all" he nodded and grabbed my arm and chaos controlled us into a store and told me to sit down and he'll be right back. I just nodded while sitting down on a chair, wondering what he's doing. I looked around and saw a lot of stuffed animals and candy so I'm guessing we're in that kind of store, I bounced my leg up and down in impatience while looking at my watch to see what time it is.

After what felt like forever, Shadow came back out with a plastic bag in his hand while smiling. I was confused but wondered what he got for himself- since he does buy stuff only for himself after all.

Shadow handed the bag to me while saying "I bought this for you since it was only fair if I got you something since you did get me something I like, and I didn't really know what you liked so I tried.." and chuckling quietly. I was surprised that Shadow didn't buy anything for him but for me but nows not the time, I quickly opened the bag to find a little plush of myself, I looked at it and then shadow and I just couldn't stop myself when I ran up to him and hugged him while saying thank you. He surprisingly hugged me back while saying "you're welcome sonic". Another idea soon popped into my head and I ran back inside and picked it up and after paying I ran back out and showed shadow what I had gotten him (It was also a plushie of himself). Although I may be spoiling Shadow it's worth it- well maybe not all the time but still. He said thank you and we continued to walk through the mall while talking and that's how the rest of the day went.

Soon it was late and I promised Tails I would be back before dinner so I had to tell shadow, he said that it was fine and thanked me for all the stuff and a fun day, I said no problem because I love it when he's happy and not frowning all the time. After waving goodbye I ran inside and checked inside Tails workshop and saw that he was passed out on his desk, I sighed and picked him up while carrying him to his room and opened the door with my foot, and sat him down on his bed while covering him with his blankets and smiled.

"Goodnight buddy," I said as I pecked him on the forehead and walk out the room and slowly closed the door. I walked back into my room to take a quick shower and go to bed. When I was done I laid down on my bed and spent the rest of my night texting my other friends and of course- Shadow.