What Did You Say?

Valeriya wandered aimlessly around the base. Observing the places where she could go, and where she could not.She eventually found herself in what she recognized as a training room. Her head swiveled around the room, trying not to make eye contact with any agents in the room. But her eyes rested on a familiar looking agent, with red hair attacking several punching bags. Valeriya smiled and made her way over to Natasha. She stood to the side of the punching bag that Natasha was currently hitting. Finally Natasha noticed her standing there, and stopped. Valeriya's smile slowly slipped away as she saw Natasha's eyes regard her again with fear. Natasha must have seen Valeriya's smile fade, because she quickly covered up her original emotion, and replaced it with a smile of her own.  

  "Hello Valeriya" Natasha's said her name slowly, as if it was a new word to her

 "Have you settled in well?" Valeriya nodded her head, still trying to figure out what was wrong with Natasha. Natasha rushed to distract Valeriya from thinking too much about the topic, and dragged her towards the punching bag.  

  "I am really sorry for leaving you like that" Natasha said, clearly distracted. Valeriya sighed

  "It's really no problem, no one got hurt." Valeriya smiled inwardly at her own joke. Natasha shoved her in front of the punching bag.   

 "Good. Now, I saw you in that school. So I want you to show me what you are fully capable of" The words spilled out of Natasha's mouth, and Valeriya stood there staring, not fully comprehending what she just heard.    

 "Pardon?" Valeriya said, placing her hand on her opposite wrist. Natasha grinned sadly    "Просто покажите мне , что вы узнали" Natasha whispered.   

  "What I learned?" Valeriya said alarmed. "Learned from where?" She sputtered out, forgetting her training of lying under pressure. Natasha's eyes widened     

 "I didn't say- I mean- what are you talking about?" Natasha questioned stepping closer to Valeriya. Valeriya gulped trying desperately to force away her emotions. Natasha stepped even closer.   

   "Valeriya" her voice was shaky "is there something you want to tell me?" Valeriya took a step away from Natasha.     

 "No" she whispered. Natasha opened her mouth to say something, when a SHIELD agent tapped Natasha on the shoulder.     

 "Black Widow, they need you in the control room" Valeriya gasped, her eyes widening. Natasha turned back to face Valeriya. Her eyes grew wide as well.     

 "Valeriya-" Natasha began, but Valeriya stifled a scream, and bolted out of the training room. Natasha moved to run after her but the agent beside her grabbed her arm.   

  "They need you upstairs ma'am. Agent Barton is there." Natasha ripped her arm free of the agents grasp, but with a last long look on the direction Valeriya ran in, she reluctantly followed.