A Horrifying Beinning

Valeriya slammed her locker door shut, holding her books tight to her chest so they wouldn't fall. She made her way down the hallway, not daring to look at anyone. She pushed her way through the crowd of high schoolers, and eventually made it into her science classroom. She lifted her head up, just enough to scan the room for her friend.

"Valeriya" a voice sounded from the back of the room. Valeriya grinned slightly as she headed to the back of the room, and plopped down next to her friend.

"Hello Jenna" Valeriya whispered as she rearranged her books in her desk. 

"Ugh you're so quiet" Jenna complained. Valeriya rolled her eyes, and punched Jenna in the shoulder.

"Shut up" Valeriya said. 

"There she is" Jenna said smiling. The teacher called for quiet, and Valeriya turned her attention towards the board. The teacher had begun her lesson, but was quickly interrupted by her email. Everyone turned to each other and whispered as the teacher fiddled with her computer. Jenna propped her feet up on Valeriya's desk.

"So how was your weekend, my Russian friend?" Jenna asked. Valeriya leaned back in her chair. 

"Same as always" she said closing her eyes.

"Internet and food?" Jenna asked.

"Yup" Valeriya admitted. By then the teacher had reappeared at the front of the classroom. The whole class went quiet. 

"The superintendent has ordered all the teachers to show a news clip from this morning" the teacher said, obviously confused. Valeriya side-glanced at Jenna, who was raising her eyebrow. The teacher pressed play on her computer, and the video began.Valeriya stiffened, it was a clip of a Helicarrier crashing into a building. The announcer's voice yelled through the loudspeaker. 

"Earlier today, America's top intelligence agency, SHIELD, was crippled by a serious attack from the terrorist group known as Hydra. The DC area has been put on high alert, Hydra is still out there-" The teacher shut the video off abruptly. The class exploded in whispers. Jenna quickly removed her feet off of the desk.

"What?" Jenna asked, to no one in particular. Valeriya tensed

"We're not safe here" Valeriya muttered. Jenna stared at her.

"What do you mean?" Jenna asked, slightly nervous. Valeriya stared at her, 

"Something doesn't feel right" she whispered. As the teacher was desperately trying to get people to calm down, the door exploded. The whole class screamed, Valeriya jumped up out of her seat. Three men in black armor stormed into the room, holding guns. 

"Get down" a gruff man's voice yelled. Valeriya jumped backwards, pushing Jenna behind her in the process. What happened next, made Valeriya livid. One of the three man hoisted his gun, and shot their teacher before anyone could even blink. The whole class screamed. Valeriya shoved Jenna even further away from her.

"Hide" Valeriya hissed. Jenna nodded. Valeriya turned her head back to the three men. She held in a scream as she watched the men gun down each student one by one. 

"NO" she heard Jenna scream. The three men turned to her. Valeriya's eyes widened, realizing her friends mistake.

"JENNA" she screamed. But she was too late, time seemed to slow as she watched in horror as the bullets hit her friend, and Jenna slumped to the ground. Valeriya stared in horror at her dead friend, her mind swirling back to her nightmare of a childhood.

"Do it Valeriya" The women growled at her. Valeriya's hands were trembling as they held another girl in a headlock. Valeriya gulped as she saw the woman moved her hand to gun. "Do it" the women threatened. Valeriya, then overtaken by the fear of yet another punishment, quickly broke the girls neck. The girls body slumped to the ground before her. Valeriyastiffenedup, trying not to scream.She felt the guards grab her arm and drag her over to the woman. Valeriya ripped her arms from the guards grasp, and boldly faced the women. The woman's smile was cruel. Valeriya shivered internally.

"Yes" the women cooed  "She will do nicely. She is so much like her mother" Valeriya stiffened.

"My mother is dead" Valeriya growled. The other women laughed.

"Yes. But she was our first, and the best" the woman explained. Valeriya inhaled sharply as the guards, once again, grabbed a hold of her, holding her up off the ground so her feet couldn't touch the ground anymore. She turned to see she was at eye level with the woman.

"And you will be the next" she growled. "You will be our best killer, the most ruthless. Everyone will fear you." As the women started to walk away, but shouted over her shoulder.

"Where ever you go, death will follow" she growled as she walked away.

"Welcome to the Red Room killer" on of the guards yelled as the dragged her into the facility.

Valeriya shook out of her flashback and whirled around on the three men who had just murdered her entire class. 

"Who do you think you are?" She growled, balling her fits. On of the men laughed and pointed his gun at her

"There are no prisoners with Hydra, just order" he said. Valeriya narrowed her eyes she was just about to jump at them, when she heard shots in the hallway and another person came barreling through the door.It was a woman, about 20. She had short red hair, and was wearing a tight combat suit. Valeriya made eye contact with the new visitor. The red-haired woman stared at her for a moment before turning her focus onto the three men in front of her.

"You have made a big mistake" the red-haired women growled. Valeriya grinned balling up her fists yet again. Once more Valeriya made eye contact with the woman, and without any words spoken, they both jumped the men.Valeriya kicked the gun out of the hands of the man in front of her. Then she jumped up off the floor, wrapped her legs around the man's head and slammed him into the ground. She landed on her feet. She whipped her head up to see the red-haired girl do the exact same thing to the second man. Valeriya didn't have time to dwell on that, she sprung forward and knocked the gun out of the third guys hand, before he could get a shot at the woman. Valeriya could feel the woman's presence behind her, she dropped to the ground. Valeriya rolled to the right, and looked up to see the woman sail towards the man. The red-haired women nailed him in the face with an expertly placed punch and the man crumpled to the ground. The room was silent, as the red-haired girls' gaze rested upon Valeriya.