James Potter is a Liar

"Sirius, I have decided." James declared proudly. Sirius spun a quill in his hand, trying to focus on getting his charms essay done before they went out for the full moon.

"Decided what?" He said absentmindedly.

"If I am going to the date or the full moon." James said smiling. "I am going to the full moon of course! And I left Scarlett a note explaining!" Sirius rubbed his forehead painstakingly, erasing a sentence from his essay.

"I thought we already talked about this. What did the note even say?"

Sirius' eyes grew wide with disbelief as James explained what he had wrote.

Meanwhile, Scarlett sat waiting in the astronomy tower, filled to the brim with excitement. What she didn't notice was the note in the crook of the window where the owls came into the castle.

I wonder when he is going to come? She thought, a mix of nervousness and happiness.

10 minutes later, Scarlett began to explore the astronomy tower, slightly miffed that James had not shown up yet. She sat on the edge of the window, looking out at the great lawn, and saw a white envelope flitter down from the top of the ledge and into my lap. I opened it hesitantly. Seeing my name in it for some reason.

"Why is this here?" I said aloud as I ripped open the envelope.

Hi Scarlett! It read.

I couldn't come bc I had a prior obligation w my friends. Sorry. See u soon.

-James

I stared at the note in shock. No. He didn't. He invited me on a date just to leave me? And he left me a note to tell me he couldn't come because of a thing with his friends?!

A tear fell off my face that I didn't even know was there, splattering the ink on top of James name, until the water sank into the paper, leaving nothing but a smudge that remained on the paper. More tears followed, until there was mascara dripping down her face. Lily was right. It probably was just a prank to show that she didn't belong.

"How could I have thought it was real?" She whispered. Suddenly, the tear in hr eyes were replaced by rage.

HOW COULD JAMES DO THIS TO ME? She thought angrily, crumpling up the note in a ball. She rushed to her dorm room, intent on doing something. She didn't yet know what, but it was going to be bad. As she went up the stairs, however, she saw a notebook with the name James Potter labeled on it.

"It's his potions book!" She exclaimed.

She opened it to see a series of notes in different handwriting, however, one stood out.

I love Lily, and will never love anyone else. Guess what I'm planning on doing Remus? It said.

What James? Was scrawled beneath it, in what was probably remus's handwriting.

I'm gonna take Scarlet on a fake date but leave her. Was written in the same red ink as the first message.

Scarlett's eyes grew wide and molten fire seemed to fill her veins. With unprecedented strength, she ripped the book in half. She stormed over to her bed, where her roommates lay asleep. She opened her book chest with a thud, pulling out some of her prized possessions from long ago. Her spray paint.

She picked up a can and walked down to the dorm, not caring if anyone saw her. She then popped open the spray paint and on the common room wall of the tower, she sprayed in bright red lettering,

JAMES POTTER IS A LIAR.

underneath the words, she taped up the notebook that held the evidence.

"James Potter, I hope you burn."

As she walked back up to her dorm, she didn't notice Marlene smirking in the hallway, right next to where she had found James' notebook. In her hand, the same bright red pen.