Chapter Thirty-Four

"Wow, Cass. You look beautiful." I said in awe. The red dress flattered her perfect figure and her hair framed her face perfectly.

"Thank you! Now it's your turn!" She exclaimed clapping her hands together.

"I told you Cassie, I'm not going." I crossed my arms over my chest ready to put up a fight.

"I know, but I can atleast pretend right? I just want to have that moment of getting ready for prom with my best friend. Doing each other's make up and hair. Atleast let me pretend." She hung her head low. A classic Cassie movie. It's safe to say I didn't put up a fight and gave in quickly.

I sat still in the chair and let her do my hair and make up. Once again I couldn't deny my best friend happiness. But In this stereotypical best friend moment is when I found myself happy as well. I was here with Cassie talking about stuff that had no point, dancing, singing, laughing. I was happy. That's all that really matters in life, you have to make sure you're happy before you can make anyone else happy. You have to take care of yourself and not let life devour you.

"Wow Cass, you did a great job." I looked over my reflection in the mirror.

"If you were going to prom you'd definitely be the hottest one there. Besides me of course." She flipped her hair. I laughed at her and hugged her. She returned the hug almost immediately. I silently thanked her for never giving up on me and always being there. She was my person. Everyone should have a person as amazing as Cassie.

The door bell rang and we pulled away from each other. Cassie's eye got wide. "Okay, you get the door and I'll glide down the stair case like the majestic goddess I am."

I laughed and rolled my eyes at her. I made my way over to the stair case before turning back. "I love you Cass. Make sure you have fun tonight!"

I opened the door to come face to face with that notorious curly haired green eyed boy. He smiled at me and that's when I realised just how much I had missed him. I quickly pulled him in for a hug.

"I've missed you too." He was the first to speak. I slapped his shoulder and he laughed.

"I've definitely missed you Haz." I said closing the front door. I looked at the stair case and there was no sign of Cassie.

"She'll be down in just a second." I said.

"So, are you going too?"

"Huh?" I touched my curled hair. "Oh, uh, no. Cassie wanted to do this."

"Well you look beautiful." He smiled at me flashing his perfect teeth.

"I'm in sweats. I literally got this shirt four years ago. It has pizza stains on it." I laughed.

"You'd look beautiful in anything." He said matter-of-factly. I just smiled at him but could feel my face heating up.

I heard the door bell ring for a second time and I looked at Harry confused. I hadn't been expecting anyone. I heard someone clear their throat behind me. I turned to see Cassie gliding down the stair case.

"Well, aren't you going to get that." She smiled at me. I knew she was up to something. Cassie was always up to something.

"I swear to god Cassie if this is one of the many boys you try to hook me up with," I made my way to the door, "here as some grand gesture I will kill you." I said just as I opened it. I came face to face, once again, with a handsome boy.

"But we can't go to prom if you're in jail." He laughed.

"Leprechaun." I was shocked. I looked back at Cassie attempted who looked innocent. Harry just smiled at me. "What're you doing here?"

"Well, as stated before indirectly, I'm here to take you to prom." Niall said and I just laughed.

Man I had I missed him. I quickly rushed into his arms and hugged him like I hadn't seen him in ten years. I felt the familiarity of his breath on my neck. Man I had missed his hugs. We stayed like that for what seemed like an eternity only to be interrupted by Cassie.

"As stunning as you look Zo, they probably won't let you into the dance like that." I looked down at my stained shirt and my face heated up. The love of my life just showed up at my house as a romantic grand gesture and I was in my pizza stained shirt. Lovely.

Wait. Love of my life?

Yeah, I think so.

-----------------------
A/N: sorry for the nonexistent updates!! But I've been taking final after final and studying for hours.😢 but good news is I'm done foreverrrrrrr. Until fall that is. When I go to college. 😒 The next few weeks will be updateless also due to the fact that I'm graduating!!!! Ahhh finally. But hope you enjoy! xx