The Infiltration

Sabine gripped the edge of her seat hard. Hera was flying the Phantom towards the Chimaera. The infiltration team would be Sabine, Ezra, Zeb, Kallus, Ahsoka, and Rex. Hera would fly the ship with the help of Chopper. Wolfe, Vizago, and Ryder would stay on the ground with the Ghost as a distraction for Thrawn.

Not for the first time, Sabine wished that the Ghost crew had been able to contact Ketsu. Ketsu was like a sister to Sabine, and when she'd tried to transmit a message, the line had gone dead. Sabine hoped that her friend was okay and had tried every day since Ezra's vision to contact the bounty hunter. 

"Guys, get ready," Hera shouted over the thrum of the engine. She silently attached the Phantom to the side of the giant Star Cruiser. The hatch opened.

First came Rex and Ahsoka taking the front. Kallus and Zeb would be in the middle. And Sabine and Ezra would take the back. 

The six crept through the passages of the ship. There were no stormtroopers in sight, which Rex pointed out quickly. "Perhaps Thrawn has his forces spread thinly - not many must have survived the crash," Ahsoka brought up. 

Ezra had a strange feeling in his gut that it wasn't the case. He knew that Thrawn would probably have a strategic way of placing his forces. As the crew rounded the next corner, his assumptions were proven right. A squadron of seven stormtroopers waited for the Rebels.

As the Stormtroopers opened fire, Ezra and Ahsoka ignited their lightsabers in a second. Sabine and Rex drew their blasters even faster than that, and Zeb and Kallus unsheathed their bo-rifles.

Sabine took out one trooper with a laser to the helmet. Ahsoka and Ezra slashed the remaining six's blasters in half. Zeb and Kallus electrified half with their bo-rifles, and Rex took out two more. 

Ezra speared one more through the heart with his lightsaber. "Well, they know we're here now. Let's move." 

They raced through the halls to the bridge. When they got to the door of the bridge, it was locked. Ezra slashed the control panel, and the doors slid open to reveal Thrawn and several squadrons of troopers ready to fire. 

Thrawn's red eyes were unnaturally wide and stressed. "Ezra Bridger, you've won for the last time!" he roared, ditching the quiet voice.

"Troopers! Fire!"

Hey, so, sorry for the short chapter!  I have dance tonight soon and realized that I haven't posted a chapter for a little while, and also, I was prepping for another book that I'm going to release soon. (Check out my bio for upcoming books 💗) (I'll give you a hint at what it is...look at some of the books that are in my to-read list...closer to the middle of the end...😉)

Thanks for your support!!! I'm so happy to have reached 1.3k reads!!!!!!!!!

-SabineWren26