A New Understanding

When Sabine woke up, she was in a rocking chair with Ezra, wearing his jacket. She didn't hate the feeling, but it made her feel...conflicted. She saw that Ezra was asleep with a book in his hand. She smirked at the soft snores that escaped his mouth.

Her comm crackled. "Sabine, this is Ahsoka. Are you there?" Sabine grabbed her comm. "This is Sabine. I hear you." She could hear the relieved sigh that Ahsoka tried to hide.

"Sabine, the Bridger rammed into a tree while I landed. I'm sending you my coordinates, but the repairs could take at least a day. Are you okay where you are?" Sabine glanced at the still-sleeping Ezra.

"Yeah. I'm in good hands."

"Your own?" Ahsoka guessed.

"No," Sabine corrected. "Ezra's. I found him." Ezra, at the mention of his name, cracked one eye open. Sabine pretended not to notice.

"You found him!" Ahsoka exclaimed. "Yes, I did," Sabine said proudly. "It really wasn't that hard. I just had to follow the sounds of Ezra's big feet as he trampled everything in the forest." Ezra grinned and grabbed Sabine's arm playfully.

"Said the 'graceful Mandalorian' who tripped over so many tree roots that I wouldn't be surprised if she had a hundred splinters!" he countered. Sabine shoved him, which was hard to do while they were both in the chair. "Hey Ahsoka!" Ezra said as he tried to keep Sabine from slugging his arm.

Ahsoka, back on the Bridger, heard the sound of small skirmishes. She smiled and didn't need the Force to feel their love for one another. "Hello Ezra. It's been a long time."

"I'll see you tomorrow, Ahsoka!" Sabine said. She was trying to pull Ezra's long hair. Ahsoka chuckled as she heard a muffled "not the hair!" in the background. "See you tomorrow, Sabine." She hung up the comm and smiled. "Love," she murmured. "So strange."