The Matchmaker

Ezra was overjoyed that Hera had kept his cabin with Zeb just the way he had left it, and that he could finally stay in the Ghost again. The first thing he did after he and the rest of the crew talked was shave his beard off.

"Okay mister, you've got to go," he stared the evil enemy down. He also had Sabine cut his hair to what it had been before he was stranded, although Sabine protested at the fact that now she couldn't pull his long hair anymore.

As the days passed, Hera would smile as she would see the two together. Even the smallest things sent her head reeling with possibilities - perhaps them being spotted talking over caf, joking around in the cargo hold, or Ezra helping Sabine get around while her ankle healed. Hera thought the last one especially cute. And she knew that Sabine could now walk just fine on her own - which made it even better, because Sabine didn't hadn't told Ezra that.

One day, about a week after Ezra had returned home, Sabine decided to go to the market with Zeb and Chopper. Hera sat Ezra down, just the two of them, and had an intense conversation about his feelings for Sabine.

"Ezra..." she said, a bit evilly, "I can't help but notice that you and Sabine have gotten along much better since you've returned." Ezra couldn't help but be scared. He knew that Hera loved to play matchmaker - especially between him and Sabine, even five years ago.

"Uh...yeah, it's been nice," he squeaked. He was afraid that Hera wouldn't get off his case until he confessed everything - and he was right.

"Ezra, it's obvious you two like each other," she trilled, getting right to the point. "So, are you guys official?" Ezra sighed, knowing there was no way out of this, and spilled his guts. He spilled everything - their time together on Dagobah, the talk he'd had with Sabine in her cabin on the Bridger, and the things that Hera wasn't keen enough to find out - the kisses on cheeks and shy goodnight hugs.

Hera didn't tell him that she hadn't known the last part.

She gave him the best advice a mother can give - "Just go for it."

After their little talk was over, she was proud of herself. Another matchmaking success.