37. The proper use of language

Thanks to KumaZura for proof reading this chapter.

***

A week went by and the crew's cook was allowed to use his new spice. Radiant, he locked himself in his den much of the time to revisit his recipes and make them new with this rare ingredient. Appreciations were unanimous and the blond was delighted. He then hastened to adapt all the possible variants to get to know the sarma and its properties. This spice was enhancing his dishes to reveal flavors and, combined with the salt of the Aqua Laguna, the result was close to perfection. In fact, Sanji never got tired of observing the culinary orgasm that his friends were feeling at every bite and he was looking forward to surpassing himself again.

However, at the end of the sixth day, Nami decreed that he had used enough and that she was keeping the rest of the bag for sale to ensure comfortable days for the rest of their trip. Despite his disappointment, the cook was unable to oppose her will. It was Luffy who took care of it then. Outraged at the thought of no longer feasting, the captain harassed her navigator and whined so much that she finally offered him to bring her valid arguments if he wanted to see his request satisfied. The captain had rushed out with enthusiasm and no one had wanted to ask him what he was planning.

That morning, Sanji was carefully measuring the few remaining grams of sarma he had. He sprinkled it on the chicken that was already simmering in the middle of olive oil and herbs. The delicious scent of the spice was immediately felt and the blond smiled before putting the chicken back to roast in the oven. He then lovingly put away the last traces of his supreme ingredient. Another meal and he might never have the opportunity to work with this ingredient again...

After having selected his most beautiful fruits to make a salad for dessert, he started cutting them until the juice of a mango stained both his apron and the collar of his shirt. Knowing the risks of his job in this regard, the cook finished his preparation and put it in the fridge before heading to the bathroom to change clothes.

***

Arriving in front of the mirror, he took off his jacket and shirt before putting a clean one on his shoulders. He was going to turn away to put the dirty clothes in the laundry basket when the swordsman entered. Clearly out of breath because of his training, Zoro removed his tee-shirt and splashed his head with cold water before noticing the presence of the blond who was watching him a little further, his shirt still open on his white chest.

"You're taking a shower, cook?" The fencer asked him with interest.

The latter shook his head. "I just changed my shirt."

"Too bad." The swordsman grabbed a towel to dry himself summarily, and when he looked up to look at himself in the full-length mirror, Sanji was behind him. He gave him a questioning look through the reflective surface, and the blond leaned his chin on his right shoulder thoughtfully as he wrapped his arms around his waist.

"I'm almost out of sarma and I'd like the last meal I could use it to be exceptional but I can't make up my mind..."

Zoro showed his own ignorance with a slight shrug, and Sanji absent-mindedly looked at him in the mirror as the fencer dried himself more precisely before vigorously rubbing his hair, jingling his three earrings.

"Where do they come from, mosshead?" The cook inquired, observing them.

Zoro shrugged again. "I was still in the East Blue."

"Were you young?"

"Yeah... Fourteen or fifteen, I can't remember."

"And why three in the left ear and none on the other side? What does it mean?"