Chapter 9

I pulled my arm away from Tony's grasp and slammed the office door open where Steve and Sharon were standing. She was rubbing his arm softly and leaning towards him. I glared at her and she backed away from Steve, realizing she was too close. "Out." I snapped at her and she ran out of the room. "You didn't have to be rude, Taylor." Steve snapped at me and I softened my gaze. He took a deep breath and looked at me, arms crossed across his chest.

"I can't believe you would do this, Taylor. Of all people I didn't think it would be you who lied to me." I could hear his voice shaking with anger. My eyes started to water, "Steve, I didn't have a choice. It was the only way Fury would let me go on the mission."

"So you figured your safety was less important than going on a stupid mission?" He snapped. I looked away from his eyes and down to my shoes. He sighed and lowered his voice, "You really didn't think you could tell me?" "He told me not too, I would take it back and tell you if I could." My voice broke as he looked at me before taking a deep breath and looking away.

"Steve, I'm sorry. I took the mission from Fury, I figured it wouldn't be a big deal." He scoffed and glared at me, "Not a big deal? Taylor, you could have been killed or hurt and no one would have know! I can't believe you didn't tell me about this." I reached out to grab his hand but he moved away. I felt tears fall from my eyes, "Steve...I know I messed up by not telling you but please..." "I just need to think." He quickly walked out of the room and I broke down and cried.

After a few minutes Wanda came into the room and sat down on the floor next to me. "Just give him a few days to cool off. When he heard you were missing and no one knew where you were he was really distraught. His mind immediately went to the worst possible scenarios." She put her arm around me and I leaned into her side. "I should have told him." "Maybe, but it wouldn't have changed anything. He would have been distracted on the mission. Had something actually gone wrong, his head wouldn't have been in it. He knows that, he was just scared and hurt." I nod and she helps me stand up. "You'll be okay." She wipes the tears off of my cheeks and walks out of the office. I follow shortly and make my way up to my room. I stop and look at Steve's room, knowing he's hurt and upset in there. I sigh and walk into my room, hoping what Wanda said was true and he just needed a few days to cool off.

- a few days later -

Steve had been actively ignoring me the past few days which has slowly been killing me inside. I've spent most of my time holed up in Tony's lab, curled up in a blanket on a chair from the living room I forced him to bring in here, watching him work on things while he blasts AC/DC. "Taylor, you're really bumming me out." Tony sighs loudly, pausing the music and what he is doing to look over at me. "I'm sorry, I'll go..." "Tay wait...I didn't mean you had to go." I pause and turn around and look at him. He sighs and stands up, walking towards me and pulling me into a hug.

"Look, you messed up sis. It's okay. He'll come around." I started crying into his chest, "he won't even look at me Tony..." "If he doesn't talk to you soon, I promise you I'll beat him up." He kissed me on the forehead and put his hands on my shoulders. "I never thought I'd say this again but I want my annoying sister back." I barely smiled at him and sat back down on the chair in the corner, curling back up in a ball. Tony resumes working, making small conversation. "Mr. Stark, Captain Rogers is causing a scene in the living room." FRIDAY, Tony's new AI system spoke. Tony and I ran upstairs and found Steve drunk and fighting with Sam. "Rogers!" He snapped his head over towards Tony and I long enough for Sam to take the flask of Asgardian liquor away from Steve.

He looks back at Sam and goes to punch him but I stop his fist, "Steve!" He huffs, putting his hand down and storming away. "What happened in here?" Tony looks around at the furniture knocked over and shattered glass on the floor. "He stole a bottle of this from Thor's room. This is all that was left of it by the time I found him." Sam tosses the flask towards Tony & gives me an apologetic look. "I'll go keep an eye on him." He left the living room in the same direction as Steve. I sighed and looked at Tony, "I'm just gonna go to my room, goodnight. Don't stay up too late, get home to Pep." I kissed his cheek and he gave me a quick side hug.

I wasn't asleep for too long before a loud crash woke me up and I got up out of my bed, opening my door slightly, going down the hallway to the living room. I noticed Steve, obviously still drunk, and then someone with blonde hair. I stopped abruptly when I realized it was Sharon.

Where is Sam?

I stood frozen as I heard Sharon comforting him, hand resting on his bicep, "she's a Stark. Of course she lied to you, that's what they do."

That bitch.

I quickly retreated up the stairs and slammed the door to my room, trying to cool down before I did something I would regret.

I woke up abruptly the next morning, finding Steve wrapped around me in my bed. When did he come in here...I must have been exhausted from crying the past few days... "Steve?" I turned around in his arms and tan my fingers though his hair. He stirred a little and mumbled '5 more minutes' into my shoulder. "Steve...wake up." I nudged him a little more and he slowly opened his eyes. "Hi." His eyes adjusted to the light coming in through my window and locked them with mine. "I'm sorry." He pulled me in closer to his body and rested his head in the crook of my neck. "No Steve, I should be sorry. It was all my fault. I lied to you, I put Nat and Sam in a vulnerable position on the mission, I put myself in a dangerous position without even thinking about you or Tony...I just- I shouldn't have lied." He sighed and shook his head, "It's okay baby, I know why you didn't tell me. Regardless, I shouldn't have ignored you for 3 days. It was an asshole move." I laughed a little and ran my fingers through his hair again. "Maybe, but it's okay, you needed space." "I never need space from you." I smiled he kissed my exposed shoulder.

I felt him start to trail his lips along my neck and shoulder, causing me to let out a soft moan, "Steve..." He moaned a little against my skin and pressed his hardness against me. I felt his hand trail down my stomach slowly and slip into my shorts. He pressed a finger to my clit, rubbing in small circles. I moaned in response to his touch and he quickly pulled his hand out.

Asshole.

I groaned and I felt him smirk against my shoulder at my obvious annoyance with him. "Taylor?" He mumbled. "Hmm?" "I want us to be open and communicate with each other, honestly. No lies." "I promise, no more lies." He smiled and tightened his grip around my body, "which is why I need to tell you something. Yesterday, after I tried to punch Sam and stormed out of the living room drunk, I went down to the kitchen to get some water. Sharon found me, basically scaring the shit out of me, and then came onto me. She kissed me."

"You let her kiss you?!" I scream and push myself out of his arms. "Tay-" "And then you just crawl into my bed like nothing happened? How could you?!" He goes to reach out for my hand but I quickly pull it away. He groans and throws his head back, "I promise, I didn't kiss her back. She caught me off guard and basically threw herself at me. I was drunk...which I get is a shitty excuse but Taylor I promise. You know I wouldn't do that." I sigh and walk across the room, into my bathroom. "Taylor, please don't be mad. I pushed her off of me and told her to leave me alone."

I started to change into my black and blue catsuit. "Taylor what are you doing?" "Changing." He got up off the bed and walked behind me, placing his hands on my upper arms. I closed my eyes and let out a deep breath, "I'm not mad." "I don't want her Tay, I want you. I have only ever wanted you. From the moment I saw you." I lean my back up against his chest and feel him kiss the top of my head. "Are we okay?" "We're okay." I turn around placing a quick kiss on his lips, "but there is something I need to do."

She's dead.