Chapter 16

Steve grabs my arm and pulls me away from Bucky and Sam. "What do you mean by that? Who were they?" "In 1991, when Bucky killed my parents, we were on our way to the airport. My dad, Howard, had been trying to replicate Erskine's serum that he used on you. He was close, the serum was nearly exact...he was transporting it and the viles were in the trunk of the car. When Hydra had Bucky stage that accident and kill my parents, they also had him steal the viles. What he didn't know it at the time...there was obviously a mole inside SHIELD who tipped Hydra off to the transport. Anyway, the scientists at Hydra worked on the serum, trying to perfect it, finish it. I was there the day they turned them into super soldiers, 5 of them, Hydra's most elite death squad. More kills than anyone in Hydra history, and that was before the serum." Steve glances over to Bucky, "So, they all turn out like you?"

"Worse." Bucky looked up from the ground, eyes locked with Steve's.

"The doctor, could he control them?" Sam asked. "Enough." Bucky and I replied at the same time. "They underwent the same brainwashing and control I did. Even then, they were uncontrollable. Whatever they did to that serum..." Bucky's brows furrowed as he recalled the memory.

"He said he wanted to see an empire fall." Steve said and looked at me.

"With them, he could do it. They speak 30 languages, can hide in plain sight, infiltrate, assassinate, destabilize. They can take a whole country down in one night and you'd never see them coming." I look at Bucky and then back to Steve, "Steve, we can't let him get to them. If we call Tony -" "He won't believe us, even if he did who knows if the Accords would let him help. We're on our own." I sigh and lean into him.

Sam looks at us with a smirk, "Maybe not...buy I think I know a guy."

Tony's POV

"I don't suppose you have any. Idea where they are?" I pinch the bridge of my nose and look at Secretary Ross, "We'll handle it."

"No. You don't get it, Stark. It's not yours to handle. They have Barnes and the equivalent of a WMD at their disposal. I'm putting Special Ops on this." I shoot my head up to look at him. "She's my sister, not a goddamn weapon of mass destruction." He scoffs and looks at me and Natasha. "You've left me no choice. Her and Wanda Maximoff go to the raft. It's for their own safety and the world's."

"If you so much as go near my baby sister..."

"You'll what Stark?" We stand toe to toe with each other, neither one of us backing down.

"I will be your worst nightmare." I threaten and he sends me an icy glare. The room goes silent and I begin to pace.

"But what happens when the fighting starts? You going to shoot Captain America?" Natasha asks. "If we're provoked." I spin around and glare at Ross, walking back up to him, "if anyone shoots at my little sister you will regret it. She'll be with them. Let me bring them in but she stays with me, not the raft."

He rolls his eyes and sits down at the table, "And how would that end any differently from last time."

"Because this time, I won't be wearing loafers and a silk shirt. 72 hours, guaranteed." He thinks for a minute and looks at Natasha and I, "36. Taylor, Barnes, Rogers, and Wilson." He stands up and walks out of the conference room. I sigh and finally sit down. Natasha walks over to me and puts a hand on my shoulder, "you alright?"

"Why couldn't he leave her out of it." I groan and throw my head back. "Tony, she chose to go with him...she was never going to agree to the Accords...you knew that." I stood up from the chair, "but she would've been safe!! God. I would've made sure she was safe, in a big apartment or house in the city actually getting to live her life. Now she's a fugitive on the run." Natasha watches me carefully as I start to pace back and forth in the room.

"We're seriously understaffed, Steve won't come willingly. It would be nice if we had a Hulk right about now...Any shot?" She shakes her head, "No, you really think he'd be on our side..." I groan and look at her, "No."

A few minutes of silence goes by and I finally have an idea. Peter Parker, Spider-Man. "I have an idea." Nat speaks up. "Me too, where's yours?"

"Downstairs...why, where's yours." I smirk at her, "Queens."

Taylor's POV

We pulled up under an overpass to meet Sharon, unfortunately, who was giving Steve and Sam their things back.

"Can you move your seat up?" Bucky kicks the back of Sam's seat in this tiny old Volkswagen Beetle that Steve "borrowed"...aka hot wired. "No." "Why aren't you in the front?" He looks at me and I shrug, "Because I called shot-gun and the person who calls shot-gun gets shot-gun now be quiet."

"Right because a girl who has been held captive for almost 20 years, frozen half the time, and a brainwashed super solider frozen and held captive for 70 years know of that rule." I roll my eyes at Sam and Bucky gives me a smirk.

"I still called it first."

"I swear if she doesn't keep her hands to herself..." I mumble, watching Sharon and Steve closely.

"Taylor." Sam turns his head and gives me a look. "What? He's mine, not hers. Just because she's a Carter and related to Peggy doesn't give her a hold over him." He rolls his eyes and turns back around facing the front. "She's related to Peggy?" Bucky asks and I nod. "Niece or something like that." "Hmm. Interesting...you knew Peggy?" I nod, "she and Howard were friends, founded SHIELD. Would tell Tony and I bedtime stories about Cap and the Howling Commandos..." I give Bucky a small smile that he quickly returns.

I watch as Steve walks around to the trunk, placing their gear in, before climbing back into the drivers seat. "Glad to see she knows how to keep her hands to herself." I smirk and hear a small laugh from Bucky and a loud sigh from Steve, "Taylor..." "Just saying." He starts the car and pulls out from under the overpass.

After a short drive we pull into a parking spot next to a white van on the 6th level of a parking garage at an airport. We all get out of the car and meet up with Clint, Wanda, and the guy Sam told us about who can apparently shrink.

Not sure what that's about but alright.

"Cap, Taylor." Clint nods at us and I walk over to Wanda giving her a big hug. "Thanks for having my back on this." Clint and Steve shake hands and Clint opens up the door to the van. "Had to put a little coffee in him, but...he should be good to go." The man, Scott, jolts up and looks at all of us, "What timezone is this?"

"Germany."

He looks at me and then back to Steve, shaking his hand, "Captain America." "Mr. Lang." "It's an honor." He looks down at their hands, still shaking, "I'm shaking your hand too long. Wow! This is awesome! Captain America." He points at Steve and then at Wanda and I,  "I know you both too. You're great with the...thing and the thing!" He starts making hand motions trying to demonstrate how Wanda and I use our powers. "Hey man!" He points at Sam. "What's up, Tic Tac?" "Good to see you! Look what -" Steve cuts him off, "Save that for later. They tell you what we're up against?" 

He nods, "Some psycho assassins?" "We're outside the law on this one. So, if you come with us, you're a wanted man." Steve explained. "Yeah, well, what else is new in my life."

The PA system comes on in German. I look at Bucky to translate. "They're evacuating the airport. We gotta start moving." "Suit up."

Man is he hot when he's in Captain America mode...Shit. Focus Taylor.

We get ready to split up at the airport when Steve grabs my arm pulling me away from everyone, "Stay with Bucky and Sam. When Sam locates the Quinjet teleport there as soon as you can." "I should stay with you...Tony, he won't let anything happen to me..." "That's why you need to go with Bucky." He kisses me on the forehead and I nod, pulling him into a kiss. "After this, we're going on a vacation, Italy, like we talked about." He smiles with a short laugh and nods, "Just me and you. I promise, I love you." I pull him into a quick kiss and push him away, "I love you too."

He starts walking away from me, "You're ass looks good!" He turns around and winks at me before heading outside. I turn around and see Bucky smirking at me and Sam staring at me, "what? He has a good ass?" "Alright little Stark, let's go." I follow Sam and Bucky through the terminal while Wanda and Clint wait in the parking deck for Steve's signal.