Chapter 5

Taylor's POV

Flashback

"You're weak." I huff and glare up at the Winter Soldier. I lift myself up off the mat and reposition myself. "You might be able to beat me with your powers, but not hand to hand."

"He's right. You need to be able to do both." I look over at Grant, the scientist who has been working with me, as he walks into the room. "Why do I need to know how to fight when I can do this?" I lift my arm, blasting the Winter Soldier across the room and into the wall. "No one will even get close to me." Grant rolled his eyes and looked over at the soldier.

"Mission in 1 hour. Both of you, be ready." He exits the room and I look over at the soldier. "Go again?"

"As long as you don't do that teleport shit."

"God! That's annoying!" Wanda yells as I teleport around her to knock her down for like the 10th time during our training. Sam laughs a little and Wanda glares at him, eyes glowing red, "how about you come be the punching bag Sam." He raises his hands in surrender and shakes his head, "I'm good." She turns back around and looks at me. I smirk and give her a quick wink as she shoots a red blast of energy towards me. I open a portal, allowing the energy to go through and exit behind Sam, knocking him face first into the mat. He hits the floor with a thud and the room erupts in laughter. "That was NOT funny!" He yells as Steve helps him up. "It was a little funny." Wanda says, smiling over at me.

Wanda and I continued to train for a few more rounds before taking a break. To be honest, it was a pretty even fight but I still ended up winning. Wanda is powerful but I've been using my powers for longer, even if I was on ice half the time. I watched Natasha hand Tony some money and looked at them oddly. "Starks never loose." Tony remarks and walks over and gives me a hug. I smile and wrap my arms around him. He goes to let go but I keep my arms wrapped around him and start to cry. For the first time, I genuinely feel safe again.

"Whoah, Tay. Its okay, I'm right here. I'm not going anywhere." "I didn't think I'd ever see you again." I cry into his chest. I didn't notice everyone else had left the room, and it was just Tony and I now. He pulled me away from him and held onto my shoulders. "I missed you so fucking much Taylor. I had to grow up without my annoying little sister." He smirked a little and brought me back into a hug. "You're a badass now though, kid." He kissed the top of my head and I smiled into his chest. He tucked a piece of my hair behind my ear and looked into my eyes, "Nothing is going to take me away from you. I just got you back, I won't lose you again." I sniffled and looked at him, "I missed your MIT graduation." He smiled and shook his head, "Well you're here now. I can promise you that I won't let you miss any more important milestones. Come on, let's go catch up over lunch. I bet you're hungry after kicking Wanda's ass 4 times." I smiled and he wrapped his arm around my shoulders.

We sat down at a small burger joint and Tony told me all about how he became Iron Man after being kidnapped...kind of like me..., joining the Avengers, the attack on New York by Thor's adopted brother Loki (or as Tony called him 'Reindeer Games'), and of course the whole fiasco with this robot named Ultron that just happened. He also told me a little about Steve, the man our father always talked about. Tony always hated hearing about him growing up, but me...how could you not crush on Captain America as an impressionable teenager. After Tony finished telling me about what has been going on in his life, I told him about how I was kidnapped - conveniently leaving out who kidnapped me - and how they experimented and trained me to be a soldier/weapon for Hydra.

Tony drove us back to the compound and we walked inside seeing some of the other 'Avengers' in the common living area. Tony had told me at lunch he was leaving the Avengers to spend more time with me & Pepper, who from what I gathered is his girlfriend but also is not...I'll have to revisit that later.