Chapter 7

I went to say something but Sharon pushed me out of the way and reached for the radio, "Is Captain Rogers alright??"

I know she did NOT just do that.

I glare at her and my hands glow a deep shade of blue. I see Nick look at me and give me a look. I look down at my hands and quickly release the tension in my hands. "He'll be okay, we just have to get him back to the compound." "I will notify the med bay immediately." I relax a little upon hearing that Steve is okay.

I still want to throw her into a wall for that, though.

Finally the quinjet arrives back at the compound and I run out of the room quickly to the med bay. By the time I get there I see they have already brought Steve in and Sharon makes her way next to him. My hands glow a darker shade of blue and I feel Wanda grab my hand. I snap my head towards her and my hands relax. She gives me a small smile and I walk over towards Steve...and Sharon.

"Taylor!" He smiles immediately as his eyes find mine. "How are you feeling?" I walk up to him and give him a kiss. I hear Sharon scoff under her breath and my eyes meet hers. I see her breath hitch when she sees the look I'm giving her before looking back at Steve, "I'm okay. Was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. I heal fast, don't worry." I put my hand on his cheek and he grabs it, pulling it to his mouth.

"I'm glad you're okay Steve." Sharon cuts in and he looks over at her. "Thank you, Sharon." She smiles back at him. "Sharon, Fury needs you ASAP." Wanda says, giving me the same look as before. I look down at my hand in Steve's, to find it glowing again. I relax and look back up at Steve as Sharon groans and walks away.

Steve goes to sit up and groans in pain, "hey! You're supposed to be resting." "I want to rest with my beautiful girlfriend, not on this medical table." He puts his hand on my cheek and swings his legs over the side, standing up. He puts his arm around my shoulder and I help him walk out of the med bay and back to his room, against the doctors protests. I go to open my mouth but he quickly kisses me, pulling me closer. "I'm sorry. I got hurt." "Steve...you don't have to apologize to me for getting hurt. I'm just glad you're okay." I wrap my arms around his neck and give him another kiss.

"But if Sharon ever touches you like that again...I will get rid of her." He laughs and shakes his head at me, "So possessive." He kisses my nose and leads me over to his bed and pulls me down with him. I curled up next to him, being mindful of his ribs which were bruised and possibly broken. "Ste-" I look up and him after getting comfortable and find him asleep. I laugh and kiss his cheek before laying my head on his chest.

A couple of days passed and Steve was finally feeling better. We were sat on the couch in the living room watching a movie that Steve had written down in his notebook. "Baby, you don't have to watch every movie Tony suggests." I lean my head back on the couch and turn my head towards Steve as he watches 'Point Break' intently. He turns his head towards me and smiles, "he's always calling Thor 'Point Break'...I wanted to understand the reference." I rolled my eyes and placed my legs on his lap.

"You know, when this came out in '91, Tony practically dragged me to the theater. He was so excited for it." I smiled at Steve as I recalled the memory of Tony dragging me, practically against my will, to the theater at least 7 times. "I think I made you go about 7 different times." Steve and I turn our heads towards Tony, standing in the doorway. "It was one of the last times we really ever did any brother/sister thing, just us." Tony gives me a sad smile and looks up at the TV, "you know. I couldn't watch it after. It hurt too much..." his voice waivers and he clears his throat, "I'm glad your watching it Capsicle. Good movie, even better movie date." Tony leaves the room and Steve reaches over to grab my hand, "you okay?" I take a deep breath and nod. "I'm okay." I lean towards him and kiss his cheek.