LII. Bianca ~ Stolen kisses

Y/n POV

Bianca and I were always in competition for first chair. If one person bested the other, they would always try to get even through the Poe Cup or the Annual Fencing match.

While it was always loathsome to see the other person win, we kept each other on toes, ever challenging.

Defeating Bianca had become the highlight of my life. And if I shunned all modesty, I would say that I too occupied the central place in her life. We would love to crush each other academically.

And still, there was sort of an impending confrontation. Like something was missing. Even when we weren't in competition, there was this pull.

I was up late at the Nightshades Library, looking for a book when I heard the shuffling of feet.

"Who's there?", I asked, but my back was slammed against the wall in the form of a reply. Rude.

"Hey Y/n!"

"Bianca!", by this point I was blushing because of our proximity, inches away from each other, if one person was to just lean forward a bit, we would be kissing. It was with these irrational thoughts running in my mind that Bianca moved forward to close the distance between us, placing a kiss on my lips, gentle like the calm before a raging storm, pouring all her love into it as if it were to be the last time we met.

I had barely made sense of the fact that I was kissing her back, when she pulled back, whispering, more to herself, "I have always wanted to do this."

And with that she disappeared into the night.