XLI. Xavier ~ Painting lessons

You had been after Xavier for weeks.

You wanted to learn how to paint since you wanted to make a painting for Enid as a birthday surprise and you knew just as much painting as a toddler knew calculus. But you had to keep hope for Enid.

Xavier had finally agreed to give you lessons.

It was 4 o' clock in the evening and you were getting ready to meet with him at about 4:30 in his art shed.

You had harbored feelings for Xavier for the longest time and were heartbroken when he had gotten into a relationship with Bianca. It didn't help that you and Bianca were sworn enemies, always in competition for first chair. It had been about three months since their breakup now.

You gave yourself a final look in the mirror before you headed out.

"Finally! How much time did you spend dressing up for me?" , Xavier asked, while eyeing you up and down and smiling.

Now Xavier smiling was a sight.

Instead of answering his question, you did a hair flip (something you and Enid had practiced so many times in front of the mirror that it almost seemed effortless).

"If you are done ogling me, we should get to business."

Xavier had the grace to look embarrassed at this, break eye contact and clear his throat.

"Yes! So I thought we could start with the basics today. I just want to get you started with drawing basic outlines and practice drawing body parts."

"Boring! Let's paint", you said, heading towards where Xavier had kept the paintbrushes.

Xavier stood in front of you, blocking your way. "Uh huh! Not happening, I am in charge here."

"Yes Sir!", you muttered grumpily.

"What was that now?"

"What was that now?", you asked, mocking him. "Should have listened carefully enough the first time." Unknown to you, Xavier had actually listened, he was hyper aware to everything you did. He caught himself suppressing a smirk at you calling him Sir.

You had barely spent 5 minutes drawing when Xavier stepped out to take a call

You had barely spent 5 minutes drawing when Xavier stepped out to take a call. You couldn't believe your luck. Grabbing at the opportunity, you rushed towards the paint.

You turned around to celebrate your triumph, but instead collided with Xavier's chest.

"You really suck at following commands. Keep it back y/n."

You turned around, but instead of keeping it back, you dipped the brush in the paint and said "Now, why would I do that?"

Before Xavier could register your words, you turned to him, running the paintbrush down his bare forearm.

"Not bad y/n. But I bet I can do better than that."

Oops! You had declared war with the tortured resident artist himself.

Color upon color was released from it's jar, to be unleashed upon you, like a prisoner helpless.

Xavier clearly had the upper hand and you didn't like it one bit. "Truce! Have mercy", you cried out dramatically to get Xavier to stop.

You walked up to him, taking slow steps, so as to not urge him into action again.

He let his guard down, and taking advantage of the opportunity, you traced a bit of paint down his neck with your hands, "Gotcha!", you couldn't resist a smirk.

His eyes darkened at this, and he slammed you against the canvas, pinning your wrists against it. You eyes widened at this sudden movement of his, a deep red threatening to color your cheeks.

"Nowhere to run now Y/n", he whispered in your ear, nibbling at it. It took you back to the innocent kiss you both had once shared a few years ago in the Nightshades library when he had you cornered and uttered the same words; the same words which rendered you weak.

It was like all your emotions decided to wreak havoc in that one single moment of weakness.

He attacked your lips like he had been ravenous since ages to get a taste of you and you let him, your walls crumbling. It felt euphoric and would have led to a good, overdue make out session had Wednesday Addams not decided to barge in through the door at that very precise moment.

"Disgusting! Y/n, I need you."

"Not as much as I do", Xavier muttered, sending shivers down your spine.

"This is not over y/n, we still need practice, so much of it", he said, looking at you longingly as you walked out the door, much against your wishes.