LI. Bianca ~ I want it all

How did you find me?

Morning Song community misses you. I miss you.

And by community, you mean cult?

We are a personal development movement that helps people take control of their lives.

After you take control of their bank accounts.

I haven't come here to fight, Brandy Jane.

My name is Bianca, new name, new life.

It's time to come home.

That place was never my home.

Gideon said you'd resist.

Don't say that man's name to me. You think he would give a damn about some single mom and her daughter if we weren't sirens?

That is no way to talk about your stepfather.

You actually married him.

He wants you to come home, so that we can be a real family.

Hard pass. He's already got one siren to do his bidding. Goodbye, Ma. I don't want to see more Morning Song bracelets anywhere near this town.

My siren song is drying up. Recruitment numbers are down, and the wrong people are starting to ask questions. This wasn't a request.

And if I refuse?

Then everybody here is gonna know how you siren'd your way into Nevermore.

I finally make something of myself and you want to destroy it.

You haven't made squat, Bianca. You are just scamming a higher class of people, but they are not your friends. Sooner or later they will see through you. A siren can never change her scales. You got until the end of the weekend to say your goodbyes.

I had to start working at Weathervane the day Bianca's mother dropped a bomb on her and made me curious about her past

I had to start working at Weathervane the day Bianca's mother dropped a bomb on her and made me curious about her past. However, if there's anything Bianca wants to tell me, I shall let her do it on her time. I wouldn't have had an inkling of what they were talking about had it not been for my werewolf hearing.

"Hey Bianca!", I made my way towards her, watching her wipe away a stray tear. She looked shocked, probably realizing that I had heard the entire thing.

Gosh, I really hated Bianca's mother for making her feel that way.

"Come on, we are going to Gastronome. My mother is in town and insisted that you come along." "I think she loves you more than she loves me", I added as an afterthought, playfully teasing her, hoping that I could somehow distract her from that disastrous conversation.

My mom and little sister, Lily were sitting at the table towards the back. As soon as Bianca and I entered the restaurant, Lily got all excited and started running towards us.

I opened my arms to engulf her in a hug, I missed my little sister. She totally betrayed me by running towards Bianca instead and jumping into her arms.

"B! I missed you."

"I missed you too Lily."

That little devil in pigtails. I turned to look at Lily with a pout, so that she would know I felt betrayed.

"I missed you too Y/n", she said giving me a little kiss on the nose. I couldn't stay mad with her and took her in my arms to give her a bear hug.

We walked towards our table and Bianca and I took our seats.

"Hi mom! Hi Mrs. L/n", we both said in unison.

"Hi girls!"

My mom started chatting with us, asking about how our classes were, enquired about Bianca's fencing competition and congratulated her on winning first chair third year in a row. I loved that my mom tried to interact with Bianca and wanted to get to know her for who she really is, unlike her mother who hardly made any efforts at all.

I know it's wrong to judge someone when you don't even know their full story, but year after year, I had seen Bianca question herself and no one was allowed to make her feel bad.

I played with Lily in the meanwhile.

Soon it was time for my mom and Lily to leave, who got teary eyed at the prospect of not seeing us for another six months. Bianca and I assured Lily that we would regularly talk with her over video calls and six months would pass by in a blur.

Bianca pinky promised Lily. They were the cutest people ever. I hugged my mom and Lily before they left.

It was an uncomfortable silence between me and Bianca since we knew we had an awkward conversation ahead of us.

"So, Brandy Jane-"

"I understand if you want to break up with."

I turned to look at Bianca with hurt - filled eyes, incredulous.

"Bianca, I would never ever judge you because of your past. I see you as a survivor, someone who made it on her own. You take your time, if and when you are ready to share, I will be there", I cupped her face in my hands, caressing her cheek with my thumb.

"I love you Bianca, the good and the bad, the vices and the virtues. I want it all, I want it forever, I want it with you."