chapter 11

About a week after that, I felt healthy as ever. (I would've felt great after a few days, but Kacchan had to punish me for a lot, and boy, was he rough... Not that I expected anything else. [He did take it in small bouts though, which I appreciated.])

And now we're doing hours of communal service, haha...

As I expected, I'm doing all the work for Kacchan(, and it counts, of course).

Apparently, Todoroki-kun has been trying to contact Kacchan for the last two days, insisting they speak in person about something. (Apparently, Todoroki-kun's father took away his phone and just gave it back the day before yesterday.)

And Kacchan is wholeheartedly ignoring him.

"You're all sweaty," Kacchan's nose twitched as he frowned down at me, his face lifted slightly.

"S-Sorry, Kacchan..." I apologized, grabbing another piece of trash and throwing it in the bag.

Honestly, there really is a lot of trash around this area... It's disgusting. I'll have to clean the graffiti, too... Agh, what a nightmare...

"You better take a thorough shower when we get home," Kacchan ordered. While I cleaned up, he was just watching me from his seat on a step. I wasn't sure if the door behind him opened to a sketchy store or an abandoned building, but I didn't really care either.

Our job was just to clean the streets of trash and graffiti.

"Of course, Kacchan," I picked up another piece of trash.

There were a few more moments of silence before Kacchan spoke up again, "Would you sweat less if you took off your shirt? This entire f*cking alley reeks with your scent, Deku."

"..." I sweat dropped a little, nervous.

I'm sweating because I'm doing your job all alone, Kacchan... If you really want to get out of here quickly, you can help me...

I understood Kacchan's order and lifted my shirt off my body, despite the fact that everything in my body was screaming that this was the last place I should be shirtless.

"Here, hand it over," Kacchan held out his hand, and I handed him my shirt. He made a disgusted face and set it down beside him.

And just like that, I was cleaning again, and Kacchan was just watching.

"Wow, it smells good over here," a voice startled me a little while later. It wasn't Kacchan's. "Is that all coming from you, little one?"

I turned around slowly to face a creepy, smiling dude in a hoodie. He was at the edge of the alley, but he could easily close the distance, especially if his Quirk is a mobility one.

"Wow, you really are cute," his smile turned more giddy, but it only sent a shiver down my spine.

Something is wrong.

We should run.

"Back off," Kacchan sent a glare to the stranger, "He's my slave, and we're busy."

"Your slave...? But, slaves can be taken, can't they~...?" the stranger continued to smile.

We need to run.

The stranger smiled brightly at me, "I think you'd be a nice slave. Care to hand him over?" he said to Kacchan.

"Absolutely not," Kacchan snarled, finally standing up from his spot.

"Aw, that's too bad... You won't even duel me for him?"

"Not if you have nothing to offer, no!" Kacchan snapped.

"That's too bad... Well, maybe later then, cutie," he smiled again at me, and just like that, he was gone from the alleyway. I let out a breath I didn't even know I was holding.