Control

Isaacs pov

I woke up before Katie did. She was still laid on my chest in the exact same position she was in before we went to sleep. Scott comes in the room but before he could say anything I shush him. He nods his head and gives me a thumbs up. "I just wanted to let you know me and Derek plan on teaching her control today, I'm off over to his place now." He whispered. I just nod and mouthed okay trying not to make noice. Scott leaves the room again and tries to close the door quietly. CREAAAAKKKK. The noice made me and him cringe. He comes to a stop and just decides to do close it as fast as he can instead of slowly. CREAAKKK. As he shut the door a soft sound left Katie.

She hasn't woke up though. I could watch her sleep for hours. She looked so peaceful where she was.

A few minutes later she opens her eyes. "Good morning love." I say in attempt to see her beautiful cheeks go pink. I succeeded.

"Morning," she says staying where she is and closing her eyes again. "Since when did I have a nickname?"

"Since I wanted you to have one." I say smiling.
"By the way Scott and Derek want to teach you control today, Scott came in earlier and wanted me to tell you."

"Come with me?" She asks in a way I can tell she needs me to come with her.

"Of course!"

"Isaac? How do you control it on a full moon." She asks me curiously.

"You find an anchor. A powerful memory or a person who keeps you calm and who can pull you back from the turn." I say honestly. I look down at her and she opens her eyes to look back up at me. Instead of resting the side of her face on my chest she's now gently resting her chin on it.

"What's your anchor."

I pause for a moment fearing what she'll say to me when she finds out. "It's my dad."

She's silent for a moment which scares me. "Tell me about him." She's says laying her face back down.

"Well he used to lock me in a freezer-"

"Before. I know that's not the reason he's your anchor. Tell me about him before he did all those things to you. I know some people think it might be weird you chose the person who did that to you but I understand. So tell me about him before he did these things." She cuts me off. I smile and sigh in relief. Someone who finally understands.

"He was such a lovely man. My favourite memories with him is when we would go fishing together. I was really bad at it but he did a good job at making me feel like I was the best fisher he'd ever seen. He used to be my best friend. We lived near a beach when I was rather little and him, my mum and my sister would always go there in the summer and we would build the best castles there. Me and my dad would always try build a better castle than my mum and my sister, Ellie." I say remembering these moments like they were yesterday. I hadn't spoken or even thought about Ellie is such a long time. She was amazing. I hope her and mum are doing well.

I feel Katie smile against my chest. "They all sound lovely." She says sitting up.  "I really don't wanna leave this moment but I don't want to piss Scott and Derek off. She laughs slightly watching me frown from the loss of her touch. When I realise she's not coming back down I moved up to her.

___

We get in the car since I still have Melissa's keys and I drive to Dereks loft. When we get there I walk her inside. "Isaac, I- I don't know why but I'm actually very nervous about this." She says grabbing my arm stopping me from walking any further.

I bring my hand up to her face and cup her check. "Hey, its okay. These guys taught me how to control it too. I'm not leaving your side in this okay." She nods putting her hand on top of mine. We carry on walking.

I open the door and gesture for her to walk in. She does and Derek and Scott are sat down at the table. They turn around and look at us. "Ah just the person I've been expecting." Derek says walking over to Katie. I walk off to the side and take a seat on a little wooden chair.

I watch as they teach Katie to use her claws on demand and how to make her eyes glow. They also taught her different techniques and methods to stay calm. Watching her made me so happy. She has the most adorable concentration face I've ever seen. If I could I'd just run up to her and kiss her. I know we don't date. I know she probably doesn't like me which I understand as we haven't known each other that long. She's probably just looking for a friend. God I hate overthinking!

I watch her as they teach her to use anger to control the shift. The only thing I couldn't bare to watch was when they were teaching her that pain is what keeps you human. Other than that watching her learn was so interesting. The way she moves is so elegant. Looking at her makes me wanna talk to Ellie all of a sudden. I reckon her and Ellie would get along so well. I wish I could tell her all about Katie. That's if she's even alive still. I hope she's doing okay. She's my twin sister actually. We both look more like mum then we did dad even though we still had a lot of dad's quality's.

"GET ANGRY!" I hear Derek shout snapping me out of my thoughts. "THINK ABOUT THINGS AND MEMORIES AND PEOPLE WHO MAKE YOU ANGRY!" He yells at her again. This is his way of trying make her find her roar. Not long after all I can hear her howling. Her eyes have turned yellow and her claws are out. She's also got her fangs out now. Unlike male wolves the shape of her face doesn't change and she doesn't grow sideburns.

Derek roars back at her in full wolf form. Soon after they both stop howling. "Claws." Derek says. With that Katie makes her claws come out.
"Shift." And with that she changes.

She was a rather fast learner I must say. The only thing she has to learn now is what or who her anchor is

______________________________________

Sorry that this is a rather boring chapter but at-least we got to see more about Isaacs family

Word count - 1154