Romeo and juilet

(For anyone studying Romeo and Juliet in school take notes kids.)

Katie's pov.

I woke up before Isaac did and got dressed. I like to get to school early. I walked since Isaac wasn't awake to drive me and I didn't wanna wake him up. I had my head phones in listening to a song called 'Daddy Issues'.

That's when I realised I was lost. A weird guy in a car pulled up next to me. He got out the car. "Hey Katie!" He shouted. I took my headphones out and turned to look at him. It was the guy who bit me. I pretended not to recognise him.

"I'm running late to school. And even if I wasn't I don't know who you are." I state turning back round. Thats when he put his hand on my shoulder.

Right then a blue jeep came swinging around the corner. It pulled up next to me and the man. "Want a ride?" Stiles asks as Malia opens the door. I nod enthusiastically as Malia gets out the car to let me in. The guy releases my shoulder so I can get in the car. When Malias back in it and the doors shut I sigh in relief.

"How did you know?" I ask curiously.

"Malia said she caught your sent, and a scent she didn't recognise so I thought you might want a hand." Stiles says driving away as fast as he could. I hug malia from the back seat and thank her. I thank stiles a lot too but as he's driving I don't hug him.

——

When we get to school I see Kira and run up to her pulling her into a hug. "God I feel like I haven't seen you in ages!" I say pulling back. We say goodbye to stiles and malia after I thank them again and head off to the library.

"We're doing Romeo and Juliet in English today according to Scott." She says randomly. I roll my eyes knowing she wants to ask me about Isaac and this is her way of subtlety doing so.

"ask." I demand.

"What's going on with you and Isaac?"

We sit down in the library with two cups of coffee and I tell her everything. Like everything. I tell her how we're really flirty and how we randomly took are shirts off that day in his room when Scott walked in. I talk about the cinema and I literally just tell her everything.

"But your only friends? Right?" She asks pulling a 'stop lying to yourself' face.

Before I have time to answer the bell rings and we make our way to English.

"Today we will be reading the popular, romantic balcony scene in Romeo and Juliet." Our English teacher informs us. Issac taps me on the back as he sits behind me in class.

"Where'd you go this morning?" He whispers confused.

"On a little walk." I reply trying not to get caught for talking but it was to late.

"Isaac, Katie. What is so important you must talk over me. You know what? I don't care. As punishment you two will read as Romeo and Juliet." Me and Isaac exchange looks as sir gestures for us to come up to the front. He hands us both scripts. Only an idiot wouldn't realise Isaacs anxiety. It did help that I could smell it but it was written all over his face aswell. I pull him to the side quickly.

"Just focus on me okay. They aren't here. Focus on the sound of my voice Isaac. Don't take your eyes off me." I whisper to him quietly.

"Okay, I'll try." He says with a slight smile but his hands were shaking.

"Is there a problem over there guys?" Sir asks I shake my head as if to say no. We take our places back at the front again.

I look at the first line and it's my line. I take a deep breath. For Isaacs sake as act as confidence and as brave as I could. I spoke the lines with everything I had. "O Romeo, Romeo! wherefore art thou Romeo?
Deny thy father and refuse thy name;
Or, if thou wilt not, be but sworn my love,
And I'll no longer be a Capulet." Isaac smiles at me readjusting his shoulders looking the tiniest bit more confident now.

"Shall I hear more, or shall I speak at this?" Isaacs line wasn't directly said to Juliet. He spoke it with confidence but I knew he could have given it more. I smile at him.

"Tis but thy name that is my enemy;
Thou art thyself, though not a Montague.
What's Montague? it is nor hand, nor foot,
Nor arm, nor face, nor any other part
Belonging to a man. O, be some other name! What's in a name? that which we call a rose By any other name would smell as sweet; So Romeo would, were he not Romeo call'd, Retain that dear perfection which he owes Without that title. Romeo, doff thy name, And for that name which is no part of thee Take all myself." Once again I gave it my all in attempt to show Isaac he has nothing to be afraid off.

Isaacs breath picks up a little so I reach for the hand facing away from the class. "I take thee at thy word: Call me but love, and I'll be new baptized; Henceforth I never will be Romeo" now Isaacs was giving it his all. I held his hand tight as we carried on.

"What man art thou that thus bescreen'd in night. So stumblest on my counsel?" I look deep into Isaacs eyes.

"By a name
I know not how to tell thee who I am:
My name, dear saint, is hateful to myself,
Because it is an enemy to thee;
Had I it written, I would tear the word." I knew he was talented but wow.

"My ears have not yet drunk a hundred words Of that tongue's utterance, yet I know the sound: Art thou not Romeo and a Montague?"

"Neither, fair saint, if either thee dislike."

"How camest thou hither, tell me, and wherefore? The orchard walls are high and hard to climb, And the place death, considering who thou art, If any of my kinsmen find thee here." I spoke smiling at how well Isaac was doing. I don't understand why he was so nervous at first. He's actually amazing. I look into his brown eyes as he gently rubs his thumb over my hand which he still holds tightly. I don't even care is anyone sees us. I was so proud of him.

"With love's light wings did I o'er-perch these walls; For stony limits cannot hold love out, And what love can do that dares love attempt; Therefore thy kinsmen are no let to me." He speaks with his iconic smirk. I look over his shoulder to look at sir who had a stunned look on his face. I wanted to look back at the people in the class but I didn't want Isaac to look and freak out so I kept my eyes on him and only him.

"If they do see thee, they will murder thee." I say a bit more panicked as that is exactly how Juliet would have said this line.
"I have night's cloak to hide me from their sight; And but thou love me, let them find me here: My life were better ended by their hate,Than death prorogued, wanting of thy love."

Before I could say my next line sir cut us off clapping with the same stunned look I saw on his face two minutes ago. The rest of the class started clapping. I look over to our friends who all looked amazed. By the looks of it they'd never seen Isaac like that before. Looking at the class stresses him again. "Just accept the applause." I say letting go of his hand to return the scripts to the teacher. I return to stand next to Isaac who was smiling awkwardly and take his hand and force how to bow with me just to make him accept the fact he did something great. I take his hand and walk us back to our seats.

Kira who was sat next to me just turned to me with her jaw hung open. I jokingly put my hand under her chin and pushed it back up but she allows it fall open again causing both of us to laugh.

____

The rest of the lesson was kinda boring. At lunch me and Kira sat in the library. "Okay spill," she starts. "How the hell did you get Isaac to do that? He's never done anything like that before. When he gets asked to read stuff in class he freaks out and refuses."

I laugh at her. "I just told him to focus on my voice and told him to keep his eyes on me and only me." I tell her honestly.

Malia, stiles, Isaac, Scott and Lydia all come sit with us. We all start talking and yeah. The rest of the day was quite boring.

______________________________________

Word count - 1541