•17•

I sat in the common room with Hermione, Ron went up to his dormitory, Harry had not yet returned and the twins were off somewhere else.

"What are we going to do 'Mione? Harry can't partake in this, they can't let him!" I said to Hermione and she regarded me with a sad look. "He has no choice, the moment that Goblet spit out his name he was bound to the tournament. He has to partake or else..." She trailed of and I let my head fall into my hands.
"Why's it always Harry, someone has it out for him I'm telling you. Is there something he's not telling us?" I asked and Hermione shook her head. "I don't know y/n, I'm heading to bed." She said before standing to leave. I decided to do the same.

•••

The following morning I was walking with Fred and George, they were talking about some sort of elaborate prank they were planning to pull, but I wasn't listening. A writer from the daily prophet, Rita or something, came to interview the champions today so I still haven't been able to talk to Harry. I was worried to death.

"I have to go" I said to the twins before walking away, I needed to think. I headed outside to the courtyard and sat down on a bench, grabbing a book from my bag to make it seem as if though I'm reading. 'I could lock him in a broom closet until the end of the tournament?' I thought to myself before shaking my head, 'don't be ridiculous'.
"Y/n?" I jumped at the mention of my name and looked up to see Harry stood infront of me. "Harry! Are you okay? What happened? Did you put your name in the Goblet of For" I started rapid firing questions before he grabbed my shoulders to silence me. "Y/n calm down. I'm fine, I don't know what happened but I have to participate and no I didn't put my name in that stupid cup. I'm actually here to talk about something else..." I took in what he said before nodding. "Okay what is it?"

"Sirius wrote me a letter, he wants to meet is tonight in the common room at seven." I frowned. "How's he going to do that?"
"I don't know but just meet me there alright?" I nodded and he turned to leave.
"Harry." He stopped to look at me.
"If you need any help don't hesitate to come to me." He nodded and left.

I sighed and looked around. I should go find Fred and George.

•••

That night I walked into the Common room to find Harry observing a newspaper. He clearly read something he didn't like as he crumpled it up and tossed it into the fire. A weird noise came from the fire and I walked closer. "Sirius?" I questioned, Harry started when he heard my voice, "you nearly gave me a heart attack, and did you just address the fire as Sirius?" I just gave him a smile and sat down infront of the fire, a face emerged and Harry curiously came closer. "Sirius? How...?"
"I don't have much time, so let me get straight to it. Harry did you or did you not put your name into the Goblet of fire?" Sirius asked
"No!" Harry responded and Sirius silenced him.
"I had to ask, now tell me about this dream of yours."
"Dream?" I questioned and Harry gave me an apologetic look.
"You didn't tell her?" Sirius asked and Harry shook his head earning a sigh from Sirius.

"Anyway, you mentioned wormtail and Voldemort but who was the third man in the room?"
"I don't know"
"You didn't hear a name?"
"No,Uhm, Voldemort was giving him a job to do... something important"
"What was that?"
Harry hesitated for a moment before answering.
"He wanted...me."
"Excuse me what?" I questioned, dumbfounded that Harry never told me about this.
"I don't know why, but he was gonna use this man to get to me." Harry continued."I mean it was only a dream, right?"
No
"Yes, it's just a dream." Sirius answered.
"Look Harry, death eaters and the world cup, your name rising from the goblet of fire these aren't just coincidences. Hogwarts isn't safe anymore."
"What are you saying?" I asked, confusion welling up inside of me.
"I'm saying the devils are inside the walls...Igor Karkrov, he was a deatheater and no one stops being a death eater. Even Barty Crouch sent his own son to Azkaban"
"Are you saying one of them put my name in the goblet?"
"I haven't a clue who put your name in that Goblet Harry but what I do know is that whoever did it is no friend to you they hope you'll die in this tournament."
"I'm not ready for this Sirius"
"You don't have a choice"

Footsteps started descending the stairs.
"Someone's coming" I said.
"Keep your friends close!" Sirius said before going silent.
Ron came down the stairs wearing his pajamas and looked at Harry, not yet noticing me.
"Who are you talking to?"
"Who says I was talking to anyone."
"I heard voices"
"Maybe you're imagining things, wouldn't be the first time"
"You're probably just practicing for your next interview I expect"

"Okay what is going on" I spoke up and Ron jumped.
"When did you get here?" He questioned.
"I've been here the whole time, are you two fighting?" I questioned
"What's it to you, you'll probably take your brother's side anyway." He said before leaving.

I sighed and looked at Harry, "I'm going to sleep."

•••
It was two days later and I was wandering the Halls with Harry, students wore badges that said "Potter stinks" on them and kept on making fun of Harry.
"Don't mind them Harry, they don't know anything." I told him as I patted his back but he didn't seem to hear me. We were about to exit to the courtyard but a bunch of Hufflepuffs were blocking the exit. "Like your badge?" One of them asked as the rest laughed.
"Excuse me." Harry said and pushed his way through them. I stopped and looked at them, "You're all pathetic, you know that." I said before following Harry.

He walked up to Cedric, he was going to tell him about what he found out about the first task. I just couldn't understand why he would want to help Cedric when his friends were bullying him.
"Can I have a word?" Harry asked Cedric who nodded and stood.
"You stink Potter!" A bunch of Cedric's friends shouted after them and Cedric turned around so Harry won't see and laughed with them.
"What and ass." I muttered to myself as I continued to follow them.
"Dragons, that's the first task." Harry said to Cedric.
"You serious?" Cedric asked.
"Do you really think he'd make that up?" I asked annoyed.
"Y/n-"
"And don't feel special, you're the last on the list of people he told."
"Oh."
"Let's go Harry." I said and pulled him away before Cedric could say anything else.

Harry noticed Ron and Seamas walking down the corridor next to the courtyard and started speeding towards them.'oh no'. "Harry!" I shouted after him but he kept going.
"You're a right foul git you know that?" He said to Ron.
"You think so?"
"I know so!"
"Anything else?"
"Yeah...stay away from me!"
"Fine."

Oh Harry, Why must you always fuel the fire.

A/N: 1255 words. I'm so sorry for the late update. It's been an extremely hectic year, which I won't go into detail abt cuz this isn't AO3. Thanks for all the love and support I've gotten this past year.
1,43K readers? Where did that even come from?

~Gem💕