11. Girl on a mission 🌶️

NATALIA

I could barely contain my heartbeat while I parked the car in front of the giant mansion. The club was in the middle of nowhere, hidden within a forest close to Glasgow, but then again, why was I surprised? It was a sex club, after all.

It took me days to pluck up the courage to do this, take Riley's private membership card and go to the one place I had overheard that my mate liked to frequent. That was after the initial shock of finding out that my brother and his triad liked to go there as well. Luckily for me, they never went into any details, but all the smirks and supposedly subtle innuendos were enough to figure out that they were not going there to grab drinks.

I had no idea whether I was ready for what I was about to find here, yet I owed it to myself to see what drove my mate to this place. If he was not going to show me what he liked, what he thought I couldn't handle, then I was going to discover it on my own. Even if it involved me borrowing Riley's card without letting her know.

The club, an enormous Victorian mansion, looked rather inconspicuous on the outside and could have easily fitted as a packhouse, given how big it was. One could have easily imagined that there was no one inside, if it was not for the brightly lit but covered windows and the lanterns placed on the sides of the red carpet that led to the main entrance. It was a quiet night, no noise coming from inside the mansion, but I could feel the faint beat of the music with my wolf hearing.

A couple parked before me and made their way to the door as I got out of my car, just in time for me to hear the password that they gave the big muscly guy at the door. And lucky for me they did because I had no clue you needed one.

I took the matte black card with silver numbers out of my bag, ready to hand it over when I reached the doorman. It was BDSM night tonight, that much I knew from what I heard from Rafe and the others, but I had no clue what the dress code was, so I hoped that the black fitted cocktail dress and heels that I was wearing were not going to give away that I was a total fraud.

"Oh, hi. How are you doing? It's been a while since I was last here," I tried to hide my nerves under the small talk that I was trying to get going with the mountain of a man in front of me, but he was having none of it.

"Card."

I handed it over, keeping my fingers crossed Riley was not here often enough for him to recognise her. But he didn't even react after he swiped it through the small device he was holding.

"Password."

"Pleasure," I answered, a bit too quickly.

"Enjoy your night, Miss Moreau." Relief washed through me as he gave the card back and opened the door for me. "Don't forget to drop your signed party waiver form off at the cloakroom with your jacket. You will not be allowed to go further without the wristband to confirm it."

Party waiver form? Why on earth did anyone need a waiver form at a sex club?

This wasn't the place or the time to ask questions, though, if I didn't want to give myself away.

"Yes, of course. Like usual."

He handed me the form and a pen, and with a wide motion towards the dark hallway behind him, he let me in.

The door closed behind me, giving me a moment to myself. I drew a long breath to calm my nerves down-I made it this far, so how hard could the rest of it be?

Nearing the cloakroom, I remembered the doorman's instructions. The paper I held in my hand outlined the rules, which I only glanced over because I was not planning to take part in anything. I was only here to observe, see what people were up to, and then I was going to be on my way.