Oe Kame

I was nearly flung into the roots of the tree evading death by the tuft of fur on my tail.

The air was stolen from my lungs, as I smacked into the cluster of the trees strong roots, it had me stunned as I gasped for air, blood pumping in my ears and almost drowning everything out.

Jake's yelling and the sound of his gun going off like crazy hit me like a truck.

I army crawled my way out as my hearing righted itself and the snarling beast tore at the roots again, to get it's escaping meal.
More gunshots rang out fiercely until the gun was ripped from Jake and he along with it was pulled from the hole. We were running again, and again the dry mouth bringer was upon us.

"Jake the pack! Drop the-" I gasped as my lungs began to hurt, the hit that winded me still holding my air hostage, and my trying to speak as I ran helped nothing. He questioned me again as he began undoing the buckles to the bag pack.
The Palulukan grabbed it just as Jake got the belts off but he was still tossed as his arm was tangled in the strap before we took off running again, with me pushed ahead of him.

I froze when we came to the cliff, beside the waterfall. Jake grabbed me and held tight as we tumbled over when he flew from the Thanator's swiping claws, in the whirlwind of falling and panic I accidentally pushed him away, he pointed his feet and crossed his arms. I began hyperventilating and then took one more gulp of air just as we hit the water.

It was freezing and the impact separated us more. I kept my eyes closed, knowing the moment I opened them I would freak out if I looked at how far it was from the surface I would probably panic and lose all air no matter how shallow.

I felt the ground beneath my feet and jumped as hard as I could from the bank ground, reaching up blindly and praying it was the right direction, attempting to swim until an arm pulled me up.

As we broke the surface I took in a deep breath, happy I was able to hold my breath for so long. And the tips actors use, actually work.

"Easy. Easy. Breath, Remy I gotcha." Jake's voice hit me as the water left my ears and he pulled my arm across his shoulders.

I spat out what little bit of water I nearly drank upon escaping and coughed a moment.

"So, fucking happy I didn't wear shoes... I hate wet socks." I gasped a small smile in play, as I was maneuvered on the large branch keeping us from floating away.

"What?" He asked me as he moved up higher, out of the water fully.

"Bad time to joke. Got it." I sighed as he held out a hand to me. I took it and soon we were on our way using the large branch under us to aid in our escape of the fast waters.

I picked up a large stick, using it as a walking stick as my wet clothes made me feel like I weighed a ton, Jake picked up a longer one and pulled out a pocket knife.
He began sharpening the stick into a spear almost frantically.

I sat behind him, back to back and leaning into him as I regained my breath.

"What's the plan?" I asked him.

"Get the hell outta dodge. We got predators, carnivorous plants, anything and everything. Stay close, stay awake until we're safe." He ordered as he removed his jacket.
He wadded it around the dull end of the stick and pulled me up, as he stood. He began looking around his head on a swivel as his ears never settled.

We started walking, and we kept it up for a few hours, but as soon as the eclipse began to settle he made a mad dash to the foreign sap, he then lit his makeshift torch. We were now dry, but lost still, and now thanks to Jake, being hunted again. I attempted a few times to persuade him to put out the torch, but the fire was a hill he was prepared to die on. Sadly that ment I would have to die on that hill as well.