Nafpawng

"It is time." Tsireya smiled as she walked over to us.

I watched the area but shrugged.
"Fine. Lo'ak will miss this. What are we doing Moana?" I chuckled as Tuk added the last shell to my short hair.

Tsireya giggled at the name. "First we need to get you into the water." She smiled as she and the rest went for their Ilu.
Tuk hugged my side.

"I'll ride with you!" She announced.

Everyone agreed and as the Ilu came I placed Tuktirey on before me and soon we began swimming.  Using my arm as a seatbelt Tuk urged me to go faster and soon we were.

"You can go even faster if you jump." She informed me with a smile. "Just a a small one. Like when you skip stones. A little jump and soon you can dive." She smiled pating the arm securing her.

I accepted this hugging her a bit more and letting the Ilu skip above the water a little. My feet stayed in the water as it did and when it landed the water was up to my chest, until it leveled out again.

"Your getting bette!" Aunong called as he circled back to us.

It was hilarious to me at this point. The children I just got to know a few months ago, along with the children I helped explore the world. They cheered me on for every simple thing I did, every small inch I took towards the water.
It still boggles my mind no one here has simply told me to stop being a baby and just go in yet. It also makes me think my life in that other time as a dream. It was just as refreshing as the water we swam on.

Soon Tsireya was infront of me.

"Now. This is the part that I need to warn you about." She smiled gently.

"We have to go under water. But, it will be worth it, so worth it. I know you miss your old home. But what I wish to show you, it will help with that longing. If only a bit. I swear." She promised.

As her doe green eyes swore safety and a promise of comfort. I looked to Tuk on my lap. She smiled at me hugging my arm that much tighter.

"We can wait." She smiled. I took a breath. Nodding I watched as Tsireya smiled and took a few breaths silently telling me to do the same. I did. And on Tuks count we dove down.

She pointed to many things under the water. But as we drew closer to the underwater caves I hugged her closer. She smiled still pointing out the beautiful things along the cave wall. I ran one hand over the surface that looked like stone but felt more like wet clay. I was right, the under water world was a completely different place.

Kiri made a show as she circled me. Using the arm holding her I hoisted Tuk to her sister. She looked at me in concern but as I smiled at them both she swam until her small arms circled Kiri and they sped off. I smiled as Netayum glided over my head. And before I knew it we were resurfacing.

"YAAH! AUNTI TSYAMEYSYA!" Netayum called as he clapped.

"See. Wasn't that bad. Now you can join us." Aunong hummed shrugging as nonchalant as he could and still smiling bright.

"She did it! I knew the sea shells would help!" Tuk laughed as her and Kiri surfaced beside me.

"This is our moat sacred place. This is the cove of the ancestors. Eclipse is the best time to be here." Tsireya smiled.

I couldn't stop the giggling that bubbled up as I absorbed the last of the light and watched the water as it revealed much more than when the sun is out.

"This-" I gasped trying to find the right word.

It was a spirit tree. Under the water, reminding me of an enemany, it was a change from the weeping willow of the forest and at the thought I felt my good mood dim a bit. But the glow was so welcoming and warm.