°●•◇•●° Chapter 19: The Test °●•◇•●°

Yukiko was stretching before the test began. She was going to face the cursed spirit in the building in front of her.
An old abandoned one in the outskirts of Tokyo. Besides herself, there were three other people, who also were participating in the test to receive a special rank. She hoped for the best and finally stepped in the building. The moment her feet touched the other side of the building, she felt a very ominous feeling engulfing her. Fear started to arise deep inside her heart.
"Okaa-san?" Little Megumi stepped out of the shadows.
"Megumi? No, it's impossible that he's here. He should be at the kindergarten." The woman desperately tried desperately convincing herself that this boy wasn't her son.
She quickly gathered her thoughts and sliced the curse, walking desper inside the building.
"Either the curse manipulates the looks of the lower curses or makes illusions. If it's illusions, it will be quite annoying." She calmed herself down, thinking out loud. Yukiko just sliced her pace and tried feeling out for any cursed energy around her.
There was none.
She thought also that she might already be in experiencing an illusion or that of some sort.
After 5 minutes of walking around the empty house, she went downstairs, once again, but felt a sudden eerie presence.
"Okaa-san,why did you leave us all alone?" The little boy said.
Another presence was noticed by the woman, her hold on the katana tightened.
"Okaa-san, we are hungry. Did you bring us some food?" Tsumiki looked out of the corner, behind Megumi.
"Okaa-san, why did you leave us with a huge debt?"
"Okaa-san, where is our father?"
"Okaa-san. Okaa-san. Okaa-san. Okaa-san..." her words started to blur in her mind.
"No that is just that curse's doing. They are fine at home. Tsumiki, Megumi wait for me. I will pay off the debt. I won't leave you hungry. You will be able to get anything you wanted." She said, katana dropping and clutching her head in pain. Emotional pain.
Yukiko was incredibly scared that her children will grow up in a bad environment and won't be able to grow up with the same opportunities.
She was scared that they won't be wealthy enough to be able to afford Tsumiki and Megumi's education.
Money. Money. Money... she needed more money.
"I need to get that special rank... I need more money!" She said and picked up her katana from the ground. Her mind was in total disarray. She was scared that they will never have enough money for her kids to live comfortably.
"Okaa-san... Okaa-san... Okaa-san..." the kids chanted.
"Shut up! Shut the hell up! I need more money!" She shouted and started to obliterate everything in her way.
She killed the imaginary kids, making them evaporate into thin air after being sliced.
She then, started to harm the old furniture. After noticing it evaporate, she stopped for a second to finally gather her thoughts.
This is its domain, most likely.
He got her into his domain the moment she stepped into the abandoned building. That was probably why so many sorcerers died here. They might have been emotionally tortured by its illusions and were either killed or killed themselves. Luckily, Yukiko already devoted herself to her children. And she would do anything to get the work of a special grade and make more money.
The only way to break out of a domain, is to create your own domain.
Yukiko trained hard for years to complete her domain expansion. It was finally time to check how perfected it was.
"Domain Expansion: Endless Abyss." Everything was engulfed by darkness. In the far left of her, she finally noticed the curse. It's disgusting, disfigured body started to grow in size a bit. She slowly approached the curse, confidently looking down on the small creature.
"Can you believe, both of us are a special rank? Don't make me laugh." She said and stepped on the mush.
She noticed that it was desperately trying to move, but couldn't.
It was all due to her domain. The abyss they're in itself is infinity. Something of a black hole filled with infinity.
She was the only one who would be able to move through that infinity or manipulate it down to an atom in this space. No matter how much another existence tries to move, they're not able to pass through her infinity.
"Hanagasumi: Hazakura Senbon.*" She calmly said, as millions of small senbon needles appeared, brightly reflecting nonexistent light in her domain, however not able to light the abyss up, due to the light not being able to reach and refract.
She manipulated the senbons to endlessly penetrate the monster before her, completely obliterating it in the process, only leaving a bloody mush.
Yukiko released her Domain Expansion and walked out of the building with her broken Katana.
The moment she left beyond the veil, releasing it, the examinors look at her shocked, seeing her leave sompletely unscathed.
"Would I get a monetary compensation for this one I exorcised?" She asked, hoping for a 'yes', but much to her disappointment, they just told her that she would be granted an upgrade to a special rank only.
"I will take a quick nap at the headquarters and take a mission right away when I wake up." She announced to the examinors.
"W-wait... but don't you need to replenish your cursed energy. You must be drained." One of them put his hand onto her shoulder, as she was going to walk back to her workplace.
She looked at his hand in disgust and pushed it off of herself. Throughout her life, one of the things Yukiko hated the most is the weak trying to care for the strong. In her opinion, they couldn't do anything themselves, but try to keep the strong from doing what they do best.
"It's my business. Don't meddle. Just make me my new identification." She looked down on him.
After she walked further, she heard those people and their staff whisper some things along the lines of: "How can she act like that?", "No wonder she was banished by her own Clan." And many more. She dismissed those words and just kept walking, thinking about her financial problem over and over, driving herself insane with it.
That illusion of her first special ranked curse, traumatised her in a way, making her unable to think of anything else except for earning more money for their family.

*Japanese Translation:
Flower Haze: Cherry Blosson Leave Needles.
In order to shorten the Technique name, I had to just write in in English.
By the way, a quick backstory to the technique: Why apparently the senbons were called that way in my story?
It is closely related to Japanese Sakura Tree culture that I've researched. Hana-akari (花明かり) is the word for flower lights. Apparently, when the cherry blossom is in full bloom, the vivid color makes the darkness look much brighter than normal. And in a way, the japanese interpret it as cherry blossoms lighting up the darkness. And I thought it would be pretty interesting to see light in a complete abyss. Some sort of a complete contradiction in itself. In some way meaning that in darkness there is light and in light there will always be a some darkness. This will tie in with the plot and future actions of the MC, so stay tuned hehe.
By the way, I also remember telling that she can only do damage if there is a dent in the skin. And I didn't forget that. Now that I think about the Gojo's Technique, it in itself is so versatile. Basically, how were senbons able to penetrate the body of that curse if it was unscathed before? Think from the biological perspective. Every living body has pores and in my story it also applies to curses. In a way, Yukiko uses Limitless on those pores, widening the surface and breaking the skin apart, creating an infinity between it. That was how she was able to kill the curse. A massive difference between Satoru and Yukiko is how they use Limitless. Satoru, I believe, can use infinity and manipulate it as a whole. As in the entire infinity, thanks to the Six Eyes he posseses. I dont know how exactly, but that is my guess anyway. Whereas Yukiko doesn't have Six Eyes and can only layer infinity onto something or someone. That is why Satoru can use his deadly Hollow Technique: Purple and she can't.
Limitless is such a cool idea... props to Gege for creating something so versatile and amazing.

A/N: Leave votes and comments ples♡