Chapter 1

Chapter 1

"You have fought valiantly, Harry, but you must know...only I can live forever."

Harry took a deep breath as he stared hatefully into the eyes of the man who had ruined his life, "Kill me today, and there will always be resistance. They will hunt you to the end. What's left of my friends will never surrender."

The surrounding Death Eaters laughed heartily as Harry dropped his wand in forfeit of his own life and stared defiantly at the man. The Dark Lord looked very pleased by this, "Oh, but Harry we will kill all your friends if they continue resisting us. I heard about the unfortunate business between my faithful followers and your little friend, but she should have known the price of standing against me. Not to worry though, Harry, if what's left of your friends surrender to me, I assure you they will be spared."

Pacing in front of his Death Eaters Voldemort turned his back on Harry to face his followers, while Harry felt rage course through him at the mention of Hermione so casually, "Let it be known that I am a merciful Lord. That I, Lord Voldemort, will allow my enemies to breathe their final words."

Turning back to face the unarmed teen Voldemort smiled, "Are those your last words Potter, defiance until the end? Or should I call you Harry? After all these years I think I have earned that right."

"Only if I can call you Tom. It's only fitting." Harry said with contempt.

The man seemed to look at the boy with renewed hatred, "Speak your last."

Harry shook his head, and merely stated, "The worst thing you can do is send me to the friends and family you took from me. No one else will die for me."

Voldemort took a wicked smile, turning back to his followers raising his wand he called out, "Watch, my faithful friends, as I correct history."

Knowing Harry had no more time to waste, Hermione's wand slid into his hands and he screamed out, "Avada Kedavra!"

A green light sailed toward the Dark Lord and the ground raised up to meet the killing curse, but it was too late. Harry had pushed all his hate and power into the unblockable spell, and just as luck would have it the Dark Lord flew through the air at the impact of the spell.

Harry had no time to relish in his cadmean victory as dozens of killing curses rained down upon him. The last thing he would ever see was the fallen body of his parents' killer. Harry knew there were still Horcruxes left, but at least he knew that it could take his followers many years to figure out how to bring him back once more. Perhaps Neville and the others would hunt the snake down and end it once and for all. That would be nice.

These were the final thoughts of Harry James Potter, as he fell back, his eyes staring into the void of death.

.o.

There was a bright light along with absolute silence. Harry had to blink several times for his eyes to adjust as he sat up. He was in an old old gray t-shirt with blue trousers which he was certain he had worn a dozen times. He was comfortable, and he felt lighter than he had ever felt in his life. He looked around and realized he was at a familiar train station. There were a couple of key missing components to its familiarity, namely the people, but that wasn't the only thing that put him off of the place he was certain he recognized. It was the hospital floor white that was unnaturally clean that disconcerted him. Desperately he searched for a word that would remind him of where he was, but nothing immediately came to mind.

"Harry." A voice called from over his shoulder.

The young man turned his head slowly as his eyes searched for the voice that called to him. The only sign of life was a new arrival, an older man that resembled him slightly. He had the same messy hair, but he looked like an older version of even his father. Same color eyes, same high and proud cheekbones of the old Pureblood families told Harry that this may have been another Potter, "Do I know you?"