Whiskey In My Coffee

Early morning the phone rings on the table next to the bed. Sam sticks his hand out without opening his eyes feeling for the phone. He finds it and brings it to his ear.
"Yeah" he wearily says in to the phone. "Hey Bobby, what's up?"
"Sam, I got a possible case. Are you boys still in Connecticut?" Bobby asks in his usual gruff voice.
Sam sits up, rubbing his eyes as he looks over at the other bed. It's not been slept in and there is no sign of Dean.
"Yeah, Yeah we are Bobby. What do you have?" Sam says as he continues to wake up.
"You sound distracted boy, what's up?" Bobby inquires in his fatherly tone.
"Nothing. Dean is just pulling his usual stuff after a good hunt. He didn't come back last night." Sam pulls on some pajama pants with one hand. He heads for the window. "So what's the case, Bobby?"
"Oh yeah. It looks like it could be a couple vamp attacks in Southbridge. Are you boys interested?" He asks
Sam pulls back the curtain. The Impala isn't parked in front of the window. So he starts to scan the parking lot. "That's Massachusetts, right?"
"Yup that's the one. So do you want it or do I call another hunter?" Bobby questions.
"Yeah, yeah sure. Send me over what you have." His eyes look across the street to the parking lot of the small bar that's now closed. He sees the Impala sitting there but no Dean. "Yeah, it should only take us about eight hours to get there once I find Dean."
"Alright. You boys be careful. Check in with me once you get there. Good luck finding your idjit brother." Bobby chortles as he hangs up.

Sam gets dressed, makes a cup of coffee and walks across the street to the Impala. He looks in the empty front seat when he hears a groan from the back seat. He climbs in the front seat turning to look behind he sees Dean in his boxers and a bra over his eyes as a make shift sleep mask. He groans again as he stirs.
"Hmm, Mandy...." Dean grunts as he brings a hand to his head.
"Nope try again." Sam says with his usual disgust towards his brothers antics with women.
Dean sits up rubbing his temples with a smile on his face. "Damn I was hoping for round three." He chuckles.
"Here, looks like you're going to need this." He hands his brother the cup of coffee. "Bobby just called he's got a possible lead on a couple vamp attacks in Massachusetts. He's sending us the info now."
Dean takes the cup, takes a sip of the hot liquid then pops the top off of the cup. He scans the floor in the back seat. He sees what he's looking for and grabs it. He sits back up producing a bottle of whisky, using his teeth to open the top and pouring some in the steaming black liquid.
He takes a long sip. "That's better. Ok, uh let me grab a quick shower and we'll get on the road. I guess there won't be an encore with Mandy tonight."
Sam leans over and takes a strong whiff. "Please take a shower. You smell like week old sex and a bar mat had a baby." Sam starts to exit the car.
A grin spreads across Dean's stubbled face as he remembers last night. "That's my favorite smell what are you taking about?"

A half hour later the boys are on the road headed out of town. Dean looks over to Sam as he scrolls through his laptop. "So where are we headed exactly?"
Sam scrunches his nose a little as he looks at the screen. "Southbridge, Massachusetts to be exact."
"I think we've passed through there once or twice. Bobby thinks vamps, huh?" He inquires.
"Yeah, there's been three deaths in a month. Same MO but they are telling the locals and press that it's an animal attack."
About eight hours later they pull into the Southbridge police station. Both men exit the car dressed in their suits, walking into the station with a confidence that fits their credentials.
They head straight for the front desk officer. They both flash their FBI credentials.
Sam speaks first. " Agents Morrison and Hendricks."
The young officer looks up at them shocked to see FBI agents in the small town. "Uh what can I do for you agents?" He asks quizzically.
"We'd liked like to see the files on the Sanderson murder." Dean says sternly.
"Uh that's not a murder sir, it was an animal attack." The young rookie replies.
Dean leans in to the counter. "You and I both know that was not an animal attack, kid. Now you can either get us that file or call your supervisor."
"Yes sir." The rookie says with a tense gulp.
"While you're at it bring the other two "animal attack" files." Dean says as he taps the counter.

A little later both men are standing in the morgue, Sam flips through the autopsy reports while Dean gives the latest victim's body a once over.
"Yeah this is definitely vamp work here." Dean exclaims as he stands up to face Sam.
"The first two victims were discovered the exact same way. It could be a new nest forming?" Sam says over the top of the folders.
"Those reports give you any idea where to start?" Dean places the sheet back over the body and slides it into the storage locker.
"Yeah, they do actually. It seems the only thing all three women have in common is that they happened to frequent the same bar on the edge of town." He closes the files as Dean walks towards him.
"Well, sounds like the place to start to me. It just so happens that I could use a beer also." A smile spreads across his face. "Kill two birds with one stone."
He gives Sam a pat on the shoulder as he walks past him and out through the morgue doors.