eighty three

The day passes by slowly, and halfway through my science class I get a text from my boyfriend. I instantly pull my phone out of my bag, and hide it behind my laptop so no one can see it.

As I open the message, a smile tugs up against my lips. 

'Are you up for a date tonight? I feel like I haven't properly seen you in a long time. We need to catch up xx'

I don't even hesitate before answering. 

'Of course. I'll meet you at my locker after school, and we can go somewhere special x'

I click the send button, and place my phone back in my bag, knowing that I may not get a response. That message doesn't need a response.

I have been hoping to go back to that ice cream place that Adrian introduced me to. Since Noah and his family are now not a problem, I feel free to go out with the people I love.

The chances of me being stalked are now below zero, and I hope that it stays that way for a long time.

I haven't asked my brothers or father yet though. Crap. 

I know that Charlie wouldn't mind, because he knows exactly what's been going on in my relationship with Adrian. But the others seem to be left in the dark a little.

I never planned on telling them, but they must know something since I was kidnapped, and Adrian handed over a lot of information.

On top of that, he keeps appearing on a face time call from my laptop in my bedroom. I'd be surprised if they were that ignorant.

Quickly, I pull my phone back out of my bag, and narrow my eyes as I look around the room. No one is currently paying attention to me, but I refuse to take any chances.

I hide my phone under the desk, and quickly begin typing a new message to one of my youngest brothers, hoping that his reaction isn't negative.

'Hey, Charlie. I know that you're probably working on whatever you're doing, but I'm hoping to go out with Adrian tonight, and just wanted your permission, so the others don't get pissed when they find out I just disappeared after school without anyone knowing.'

I don't even take the time to reread the message before sending it, and impatiently waiting for a response.

The typing icon comes up. Within a minute Charlie's response appears on my screen.

'That's fine, Ze. Besides, Adrian already asked me, so you had permission from the beginning. Have fun and make sure you're safe. Just remember to keep your location on at all times, otherwise there will be serious issues.'

I roll my eyes at the last couple of sentences. Serious issues? Who does this boy think he is? Charlie's only two years older than me, so that should give him no authority, but apparently it does.

'I wasn't really asking for permission, by the way, because I already said yes. I said yes like a solid fifteen minutes ago.'

I have to make sure that my youngest brother knows that I'm not intimidate by him or the so called authority he holds.

I shut off my phone, and pocket it, before giving my full attention back to the teacher, who has decided to turn her back to the class.

Most kids followed what I previously did, and have their phones out, only concealed by their laptop screens.

The teacher is the only one who can be blamed, but I do feel a little bit sorry because she looks so passionate about the subject she's explaining right now.

That little pit of guilt fuels my need to listen to her words, and act like the student my family is probably desiring.

I spend the next hour leaning forwards in my seat to show interest. On top of that, I have a smile on my face the entire time, and constantly throw my hand up to answer questions.

I'm the only person who's volunteering any information, so each time my hand is raised even an inch in the air, the teacher is quick to call on me.

By the end of the lesson, I'm close to falling asleep, but stop myself because I'm trying my hardest to be polite.

The second the bell goes to signal the end of the lesson I have left, practically sprinting from the classroom while still trying to pack my things away.

I don't care what anyone in my science class thinks, I don't know a single one of them.

It's the end of the day now, and one of the worst parts on everyone's time at school.

Since so many people are desperate to go home, the hallways are always crowded, and people push each other to try and get the their destination faster.

Of course this only slows everyone else down.

Unfortunately for me, I'm already too late, and am pulled into the crowd of people who are all trying to go to a different place.

I groan in frustration and hug my books, laptop and phone closer to my body, slowing shuffling towards my locker, because steps are too big for the space I have been given.

It takes a bit under five minutes to get to my locker, when it would usually take under one if it wasn't busy.

When I do finally arrive at my locker, I see someone else lazing against it.

Why am I not surprised that Adrian is casually leaning against my locker on his phone like he's been waiting here forever.

This boy is one of a kind.

A/N: Hey guys, thank you so much for reading. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE VOTE, COMMENT, AND READ WHEN I GET A CHAPTER OUT TOMORROW. I have a plan for where this book is going, I just need a little support. Also, thank you very much for 90500 reads and over 3k votes - 3608 votes - (I know that it's not a lot,) but to me, it means the world. Keep slaying in life, and I will see you tomorrow night- or day depending on where you live- when I update tomorrow. Bye <3