sixty six

As we discussed, Dolly arrives at my front door around ten minutes later. She's carrying a massive bag of popcorn, and when I ask what it's for, she says that the story's going to be like a movie.

I didn't argue with her there, because, in ten years, there will probably be a movie exactly like my situation.

I ushered my friend up to my bedroom, where I locked my door quickly, and sat on my bed. Dolly occupied my desk chair. 

"Spill the tea, Ze," she encourages me, smiling brightly, and opening the large bag of food.

I chuckle under my breath, before beginning to talk. "I was just at home minding my own business, when my stalker texts me and-"

"Hold up," Dolly abruptly cuts me off, glaring daggers into the side of my face. "Since when did you have a stalker?"

I awkwardly scratch the back of my neck, and pass her a guilty smile. "I didn't want to worry you or anything, but he'd been apart of my life for a couple of months."

My friend doesn't say anything, and indicates for me to keep talking. She snatches a couple of the popcorn pieces from the bag first though, and stuffs them in her mouth. 

"He texted me, and was going on about being able to see me. Of course, I was terrified. But when a new text came through, saying that he was coming to get me, I freaked out, and tried searching for my brothers, but it seemed that they weren't even in the house.

"I found the sharpest knife I could, and used it as a weapon in case my stalker tried to hurt me. Then I called Matteo, my oldest brother, because he knows to pick up my calls. I explained to him that someone was coming for me, but it was too late, because my stalker was already in the house.

"From the second I saw his face I knew exactly who it was, and the thought of him disgusts me. Long story short, he proceeded to drug, and take me."

At the end of my story, I casually shrug my shoulders, as if I was mentioning the weather as small talk, instead of explaining how I was kidnapped by a bad person.

When I look over at Dolly, I see that most of the popcorn is no longer in the bag, as she is now taking handfuls at a time, before inserting it inside her mouth.

"Keep talking. I need to hear more," she whines, in between mouthfuls. 

"What do you want to hear?" A small smile rises on my face, at the thought of my friend being interested in this sort of stuff.

"I don't know. Who was the kidnapper? Where did they take you? How did you get out? Are you okay? Oh, and why didn't you tell me?!" Dolly suggests, listing the different questions on her butter and salt covered fingers.

"One question at a time, please," I scold, but continue to answer her questions anyway. "The kidnapper, believe it or not, was Noah. You know, the boy who sits with us at school sometimes. Well, yeah, it turns out that he's not shy, and is actually a stalker. Did you know that his twin is Sierra. The bitch that got expelled?"

At this point I'm just rambling on, but I don't care, Dolly's facial expression are priceless. It morphs from anger, to frustration, to pure rage, in less than a second.

"So yeah, he was my stalker as well. He took me to what I'm assuming is his house. At first I was in a bedroom, but then I was taken to the basement, where I was found. My brothers broke into the place, and found me there. We took a freaking helicopter to get back here. We only arrived home like an hour ago, though.

"I think that I'm okay. To be honest, he didn't physically hurt me. He just seemed obsessed with the idea of having me, if that makes sense." I shake my head, and close my eyes, thinking of him, and what he did to my father.

"I couldn't tell you, because you might have gotten hurt. I didn't even tell my brothers. And until he kidnapped me, I didn't know who the stalker was. I explained to Adrian though, that there was someone sending me creepy texts, but that was it," I say, and Dolly nods her head.

"Where are they now?" She suddenly asks, and my body tenses.

From what Matteo briefly said, the men were taken to our 'basement' which I'm hoping is different than Noah's basement. I can't tell Dolly this, though, because she's not aware that my brothers are in the mafia.

"Oh, I'm not sure. I was so stressed, but I'm sure that the police appropriately dealt with them. I mean who knows how many people they have kidnapped over the last couple of years? Life in jail is probably what they'll face." Despite my cheerful tone, I know that they are not going to be going to jail, or have a chance to see police, because my family will kill them before that.

Dolly nods her head at my response, when suddenly footsteps can be heard coming up the stairs. I fall silent, in case it's one of my brothers trying to listen to my conversation with my friend.

Without knocking, Axel opens my bedroom door, and when he sees Dolly eating popcorn, and me sprawled out on my bed, he's not happy.

"Hazel you should be resting. And you," he addresses Dolly. "How'd you even get here? Why are you here? We don't eat food in bedrooms, so I'll be taking that."

Without another word, Axel takes the popcorn from Dolly.

"I am resting, Axel," I whine.

"Not enough though. You, get out," my second oldest brother scolds.

I don't eve get the chance to say goodbye to my friend, before she's whisked away.

Stupid brothers.

A/N: Hey guys, thank you so much for reading. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE VOTE, COMMENT, AND READ WHEN I GET A CHAPTER OUT TOMORROW. I have a plan for where this book is going, I just need a little support. Also, thank you very much for 57000 reads and over 2k votes- 2170. (I know that it's not a lot,) but to me, it means the world. Keep slaying in life, and I will see you tomorrow night- or day depending on where you live- when I update tomorrow. Bye <3 

P.S. It's an early update today, because I have to go to my little sister's primary school graduation tonight. She's so excited, and I really wanted to upload a chapter for you all, so it's here early. I know that it's not edited at all, because Grammarly has not been working on my laptop lately, but it's good enough. When the book is completely finished in a couple of weeks, I'll go over each chapter and edit them all.