seven

Chase walked me into the front office, so we could get my schedule, and he could show me around. Charlie, on the other hand, ditched us the second he rubbed his win to school in our faces. 

I didn't take it personally, but a small part of my heart ached, wanting my older brother to support me as the other ones do. But he doesn't, and I will just have to get used to it. 

After many twists and turns- which I will not remember- Chase and I arrive at the front office. I take one deep breath, before twisting the glass door knob.

It reveals a modern white room, and instantly I feel more calm. Chase puts his hand on the small of my back as he leads me to the reception desk. 

The lady that sits behind the table, blows a big bubble of gum and files her already perfectly manicured nails. It's like she doesn't even see us.

Chase clears his throat loudly trying to gain the attention of the young woman. Still, she doesn't look up. 

It's only when Chase slams his hand against the desk, does she avert her gaze from her nails, and toward us.

Once she sees my brother, her eyes widen, and he body starts to shake slightly. I furrow my eyebrows in confusion. I mean yes, Chase was a little bit aggressive with his methods of gaining her attention, but not to a degree where she should be shivering in fright. 

"I want Hazel Bolivi's schedule, she's new here," Chase says coldly, staring right through the receptionist as if she was nothing but a peice of gum stuck to the bottom of his shoe. 

"Bailey," I correct my brother, coughing into my hand. I am not a Bolivi. That was my father's last name. The father I never met.

Instead, I am a Bailey, just like my mother. Chase seems to disagree though.

"When you came home to New York, the first thing Matteo did was change your last name from Bailey to Bolivi. It is your true name after all," Chase tells me gently, with sympathy passing through his expression.

"No, it's not," I grumble, snatching my schedule from the weird receptionist lady.

"That's not what your birth certificate says, Ze."

I stomp out of the room, disregarding my brother, who quickly follows behind, shouting something about how I 'don't know where I am going.'

There are many students in the hallway, and in a matter of seconds, I have gotten rid of Chase, and fallen into the crowd. 

I accidentally trip and fall into someone.

"Crap, I am so sorry," I exclaim, dusting the invisible dirt off my clothes.

The girl who I fell on, looks at me with disgust on her features, and I can tell that she and I are not going to get along. 

"Get out of my sight, you weirdo," she says putting her high heel on my finger and applying pressure.

I let out a small groan, before spitting on the bitch. How dare she try to hurt me. I stand up to my full height, which is a little bit shorter than her because she is wearing heels.

"Do you know who I am?!" She growls, trying to grab my hair.

"Do you know who I am?!" I repeat, grabbing her perfect porcelain hand into my hold, so she can't rip my poor hair out. 

"You're a new little girl, who is coming to this school out of pity. You're probably an exchange student of something. That accent is horrible. What is it, Russian?!" She all but growls.

"I think that it's Australian, Sierra," a girl from behind her pipes up, looking at 'Sierra' with love and admiration.

"I don't care what it is, Samantha. Go back to reading or something. I like you better when your quiet," Sierra exclaims, throwing a dirty look towards the brave girl. 

Without any warning, Sierra pushes me back down to the ground, as she and her friends laugh. "Get lost little bitch, and don't come back"

I flick her off, and shout one last 'right back at you,' before sighing. I have been here for less than ten minutes and already, I have made at least one enemy, lost my brother, and pissed off my other one, who always seems mad. 

I pick myself up and off the floor, turning around, only to come face to face with a smiling girl who would have to be my age. 

She has thick dark locks, which has been tied up in a messy bun. The girl sticks her hand out, expecting me to shake it.

"Hi, I'm Dolly," she exclaims, never letting the smile waver, "what you did was so cool. No one has ever stuck up against Sierra. She's terrifying."

I hesitantly shake her hand, before responding to her words with a frown.

"Thanks... I guess. She's really not to scary. The only thing that I was scared of, were those heels. She's just a teenage girl who thinks highly of herself."

"Maybe so. But she has these two boys. They're twins, and at seventeen years old, they're the hottest pieces of meat the school has ever seen. Except for their brothers of course. They all passed through the school," Dolly explains, and I think I know who she is talking about. "But a couple of days ago, 'her boys' started getting more distant. Something about a new woman in their life. Since then, Sierra has been taking her rage out on all of us."

"Oh, wow, that's terrible," I say awkwardly, knowing full well that I am that 'new woman' that Dolly was talking about. 

She reaches over and plucks my schedule out of my hand. Her eyes scan over it, before she nods in approval.

"We have the first lesson together, so you're coming with me," Dolly says, linking her arm with mine, as we walk down the corridor.

I have been at school for ten minutes now. I have made one enemy and one friend.

That's not too bad. 

A/N: Hey guys, thank you so much for reading. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE VOTE, COMMENT, AND READ WHEN I GET A CHAPTER OUT TOMORROW. I have a plan for where this book is going, I just need a little support. Also, thank you very much for 370 reads (I know that it's not a lot,) but to me, it means the world. Keep slaying in life, and I will see you tomorrow night- or day depending on where you live- when I update tomorrow. Bye <3