fifty three

My head swivels around the room in fear, and I try to find the source of the camera or person. But I don't find anything.

Only the same empty room I have been residing in for the entirety of my time here. Even the sound of crickets outside have seemed to stop, and it's as if the world has gone silent. 

But I know that they're watching me with their breathing heavy, and anything but the quiet I'm currently experiencing. 

Eventually, my eyes meet the reflection in the full-length mirror. My hair has become frizzy, and my pupils are wide with shock and fear. 

I look like I have just come out from a rigged haunted house.

Slowly, the sun has begun to set, and casts a terrifying shadow over my bedroom, and leaving me in partial darkness.

The large window in my bedroom that overlooks the other houses opens randomly, and the curtains sway from side to side, against the harsh wind. My eyes narrow down at the sight, and I become even more paranoid, knowing that something is seriously wrong.

'I can sense the fear in your body language, baby girl, it's very amusing to watch.'

The text message flies through my phone before I have the chance to block it, and the thought of someone watching me from within the privacy of my own room makes me feel sick.

I swivel around on my feet, yet refuse to move from my current spot. They must be able to see my face. My eyebrows narrow, as I try to find the small camera or anything like that, but it appears that nothing is there.

"Show yourself," I growl lowly, leaning down against the floor, and crawling against the piles of clothes, trying my hardest to spot the viewing device.

'You are never going to find me, baby girl. I'm even more than invisible.'

At my stalker's words, I throw my phone against my bed, and power it off, having had enough of their stupid words. 

They're trying to get in my head, and I hate to say it, but I think that it's working.

I push my hands against my head, and lightly pull my hair, taking deep, calming breathes. I'm not going to get anywhere if I'm in this mindset.

Without hesitation, I walk over to my bedroom window, and quickly shut it, forcing all of the cold air away from me. It takes a lot of effort, since my muscles are practically non existent, but I get there eventually.

With a sigh, I walk back to my mirror, and step close, trying to adjust my appearance. I'm not going to get anywhere if I look like my great grandfather's, dog's, best friend's, mother's, uncle's, aunt's just had a baby and it turned out to look like a dragon.

Putting both of my hands to use, I press down against my hair, and try to flatten out the frizzy parts, getting rid of the bird nest that perches placidly upon my head. Then, I gently (aggressively) pinch my cheeks together, trying to regain some of the lost colour.

No one likes when my cheeks are whiter than Voldemort's skin. I'd prefer myself if I looked more like Elmo from Sesame Street. 

Then, I proceed to grab both of my eyelids, and press then open, so I appear more curious to the world, compared to tired, and sick of being stalked.

I have a sick feeling that my stalker is currently blowing up my phone with creepy and irrelevant text messages, but I refuse to look.

I think that I have finally come to a point within all of this, that I am sick of how I'm being treated, and the curiosity I had a couple of days ago, has faded.

Now, I want nothing more than to be safe, back in my bed in Melbourne, with my mum. I wish that I never met my brothers, and that my stalker would disappear for good.

I don't know whether I could live a life without Adrian, but if I didn't know that he existed, maybe I could.

I shake my head, and try to stop those thoughts. They'll never come true, for several reasons.

One, my mother is dead, she was shot in the head, and I got to see her body. 

Two, I'm fully aware of who Adrian is, and I couldn't live without him, even if I tried.

And three, I wouldn't trade living with my brothers for the world, despite them often getting on my nerves, and purposely trying to annoy me.

Even though they do that, I love each and every one of them to pieces. They don't have to like me back, we're siblings, and we should always be there for each other.

Without another thought, I impulsively reopen my phone, and wait for it to power back up. As I originally expected, I have been spammed by the same unknown number that has been in contact with me for the past couple of weeks.

I scroll down through all of the texts, without really reading them. It's just a way for my mind to rest, despite it looking busy.

Does my stalker really have time to do all of this for me?

None of the texts really stand out to me. Expect for one.

It's probably the shortest one that has been sent to me, by him, but it holds dangerous words.

Most of me wants to believe that it's an empty threat, but from knowing my stalker, I always assume that it's not empty.

'I'm coming to get you now, baby girl.'

The blood in my veins runs cold.

A/N: Hey guys, thank you so much for reading. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE VOTE, COMMENT, AND READ WHEN I GET A CHAPTER OUT TOMORROW. I have a plan for where this book is going, I just need a little support. Also, thank you very much for 36200 reads and over 1k votes- 1567. (I know that it's not a lot,) but to me, it means the world. Keep slaying in life, and I will see you tomorrow night- or day depending on where you live- when I update tomorrow. Bye <3