13

THIRD PERSON

athena ended up flying back to toronto early. she thanked jordan and drake had picked her up from the jet.

"thena i kno you're smart so what the fuck you doin hangin out with jordan ?" was the first thing he said to her.

"well hello to you too" she said sarcastically before rubbing her face in frustration "its not what it looks like okay ? tori made me go to a kickback and her situationship is friends with him" she buckled her seatbelt "and we were literally just catching up, nothing else"

"well jack called me late last night" athena looked at him and waited for him to keep going "he was askin me bout you" "saying what ?" she asked quickly

drake looked at her funnt before continuing "just askin me how you have been holdin up n shit n then why you was fuckin around with yo ex" athena wanted to scream in frustration.

"whatd you say ?" "that you havent been tellin anyone anything n you're stuck in your own bubble"
athena gave him a weird look "i am not"

drake laughed "fuck you mean thena ? at the studio you put yourself in a corner" "i work better alone" he shook his head "whatever you do you but i was just lettin you know he called"

two weeks later...

the met gala was approaching. athena had planned to go with jack but now that the two were broken up she really didnt feel like going.

the only reason that pushed her to go was the dress she was wearing was from a very small business. she didnt want to disappoint the business.

she was a little nervous to be attending since she hadnt posted anything on her socials for over a month. preparing herself for the questions she had practiced some responses.

she wasnt taking anyone as her plus one just showing up was enough of a statement. she was wearing this beautiful green sparkly dress that her manager had picked out for her.

"athena suck it in" her manager said, trying to zip her up "im trying" she finally managed to get the dress on and walked over to a mirror "wow" was all the could say.

she actually smiled, for the first time in weeks, a true smile. she felt happy after gettinf all glammed up "you ready ?" her manager asked "yea"

she contemplated on putting on any jewelry but only decided to out on small earrings, the dress was enough.

finally arriving to the met she took a deep breath before the door was opened for her

finally arriving to the met she took a deep breath before the door was opened for her. it was silent for a split second before the noise of camera clicking overturned it.

paparazzi called her name as well as looking from different angles. once she felt she had enough she began to walk up the stairs.

not that she didnt have any friends in the industry, because she had tons, she was nervous to what their reactions would be with her attending.

she first spotted billie. she immediately went up to athena "you look gorgeous" she gave athena a hug "thank you, you look gorgeous as well" she said taking it billies dress.

walking down a tiny bit more the interviewers began to call athena down. she went to the closest one "how are you feeling tonight after popping out from going MIA athena ?"

she smiled "im feeling very good thank you, just good breather every one in a while" she finished up the short interview and continued walking.

she recognized the voice from anywhere. jack was a few feet infront of her, doing an interview. he felt someone staring so he naturally glanced her way.

quickly doing a double take he was just staring at her. even though the two weren't together anymore he still thought she was the prettiest one here.

athena tried her best not to make eye contact with him as he was staring a hole into her head. she walked past him to another interviewer and jac continued to look at her and her hips.

"jack ?" he snapped out of it "hmm ? what ?" "i was just saying how were so chill right now" emma chamberlain was interviewing him "yea we aint trippin, nothin internally going on"

emma knew not to bring up athena so she just kept going with the vibe. she knew he most definitely was not in the right mindset and was trying not to freak out so she kept the interview short.

after finishing up jack walked to nas "what is she doin here ?" nas shrugged "you knew she was comin ?" "nah"

jack tried to snap out of it and keep it going. he saw her walking into the museum with sza and walked around slowly before going in as well.

while athena waited to be seated, she was having a conversation with sza and megan. she felt a hand on the small of her back "i just wanted to let you know you look beautiful tonight" jack said to athena.

she had to remember that the two didn't publicly date "thank you" she managed to get out "have a good night ladies" he said to the other two and walked away.

"girllll" megan said as soon as he walked away. athena nervously laughed and looked back at jack who was now talking to nas. he made eye contact with her and raised his eyebrows before looking back at nas.

athena decided she didnt want to be there anymore. she excused herself and called her driver. once in the car she tried not to cry but the tears forming in her eyes wouldnt stop.

she called drake "yo what's up ?" he answered on the second ring "i dont think i can produce the rest of the album" was the first thing she said.

"you saw him ?" "he told me i looked beautiful in front of people" drake couldnt help but laugh "i told yo stubborn ass not to produce the album but you insisted. go and do whatever you gotta do to get your head right"

athena laughed while she wiped away the tears "ian wanna hear from you til you 100% ight ?" "aight" she responded. he made her feel a little better about the situation.

she got to the airport and flew home. once getting back to atlanta she packed all her stuff up. she made her way back airport, while her jet waited for her.

to hawaii she went