03

THIRD PERSON

Athena opened her door and led jack to the island counter. "welcome" she said, looking at jack who took in her place.

the smell of vanilla lingered while plants laid everywhere. floor to ceiling windows, letting in sunlight which also showed the view she had.

"this place dope as hell" jack said as he looked around even more. "thanks i got it a couple years ago, i got sick of the trashy one i was living in"

she motioned for him to follow and she walked down the halls. "this first door is the bathroom" she pointed to the first door on the right.

"then storage space and guest bedroom" she said pointing to her left. she then got to the end of the hall "thats my room" she said pointing to the door on the right.

"and then this is my personal studio" she opened the door on the left, revealing a sound booth, guitar, piano, awards, plaques and a few couches.

jack took it all in "damn athena this is crazy" she laughed in response and sat down behind the dozens of buttons for the sound booth.

"i just needa do some tinkering, itll only take a minute" she said turning everything on and pulling out her laptop.

"have you made music you wouldnt give away ?"  he questioned her, grabbing a chair and sitting right next to her.

"yea actually i have a few. ive recorded some too just for fun" she said grabbing her notebook and flipping to a certain page.

"you can sing ?" he asked, admiring the way she worked. "yea" she laughed a bit "wanna listen ?" he nodded and she pressed a button, which emitted the guitar throughout the speakers.

wish i could be a little more mature
did my time, did myself for sure
river wide, got myself afloat
demons die if i dont support
and why cant i be like everybody else ?
losing my mind
think i look good when im really just high
scared of my life, can a bitch get by ?
sick of listening to everyone else
sick of my pride
sick of just saying shit just to be nice
scared of this world, how do i get by ?
miles runnin wild in my head
pacing going back instead of moving forward
time keeps moving forward
miles runnin wild in my head
im scared of moving forward
time keeps moving forward, forward

athena bit her lip nervously as she looked at jack, waiting for his input. "that was actually good" he looked at her "why dont you release it ?"

she fidgeted with the buttons on the board "idk i just never really thought about it. its always been just writing for aubrey"

jack poked his cheek with his tongue "well im not gonna press up on you about it, i just want you to think about it cause you got potential"

she smiled at him "thanks" she quickly finished whats she needed to do before looking towards him, seeing him with his eyebrows furrowed, typing quickly on his phone.

"whats wrong ?" she turned her body towards him. "nothing uh" he paused sighing "apparently i had a studio session planned i didnt know about"

"is it mandatory?" she fiddled with the end of her shirt. "sort of ? im supposed to be starting an album" athena silently nodded.