Chapter 30

"I wanna say thank you." Selene was brought back from her thoughts.

The two young men had brought her to the pack cafeteria. She was shocked at how modern and minimalistic it was. It was more of a serene library than a cafeteria.

On their way, they shared cute stories about the pack, the town as well as the people.

She smiled at the evident love they left for their pack.

"May I know why?" She took another bite of gimbap, humming at how delicious it was. Korean food was definitely one of her favorites.

"For letting Eun-ji stay with Erick. Anyone would have kicked her out. So thank you."

Selene looked up to meet Seokjin's eyes. She couldn't deny how handsome he was.

"It would seem I'm the one who doesn't belong. Mate or not, he would clearly chose her over me." Her voice cracked a little, that stupid knot forming in the back of her throat.

"I'm not going to tell you their history because it's not my place to explain things to you, but the reason why he left was because he broke off with her."

Selene felt her eyes bulge out of her eyes. She was surprised. She figured they had a fight and everyone was mad because he hurt Eun-ji but never that. She could feel her smile start to form.

"I'm sorry, I don't want you to think your sisters misery brings me happiness, but I'm happy."

Both brothers sadly smiled at her.

"We understand. Fours days ago he broke up with her, no explanation. We were all mad because of how hard Eun-ji took it. Then he blocked out our links, completely disappearing. We were mad, lost and worried for his ass." Seokjin shook his head in disbelief as he aggressively shoved a huge piece of meat in his mouth, almost choking.

"Sorry, my brother here has a choking kink."

She laughed at the look Namjoon sent Seokjin, who didn't have a care in the world and just kept on eating.

*******

His body felt so heavy.

He was awake but it felt like his eyes lids were solder shut. He tried to move his hand but it felt numb, so he laid there waiting for the feeling to come back to his body.

After awhile the tip of his fingers began to feel prickly, a feeling that spread up his hands and his arms. His feet did the same.

He groaned as he moved.

Fuck he felt so stiff. Just what the fuck happened.

Before he could open his eyes, his nose picked up the smell.

The most mouth watering smell. His canines itched to take a bite of such delicacy.

Sadly he remembered.

He remembered meeting her. Seeing her defend him while he was ashamed of himself. His mind committed her voice to memory. She was, with out a doubt, his mate.

"It's ok don't try to move to quick."

He opened his eyes to see her face hover over his. He could see her pulse quicken on her neck and her throat bob.

Her eyes captivated him. She was gorgeous.

"Here let me help you sit up."

She reached over putting her arms under his armpits and brought him to a sitting position. His joints cracked.