Chapter 20

"Is dad opening the portal at the same time?" Taehyung asked the oldest of his brothers.

Seokjin nodded his head yes. As much as it pained him, he informed his father about the unexpected events, of everything Yoongi has showed him. They still had to talk to Eun-ji do see why she left the campsite.

His father was beyond furious, mad, devastated and everything else in between. The Luna had taken it even worse. The thought of losing her only daughter brought a water work of tears. Their father couldn't consolidate her. They wanted to bring their children back the moment Seokjin had mind link them telling them everything.

But Seokjin had convinced them Eun-ji needed rest. Hoseok had poured all his energy into healing her. Yoongi had been the one to help him, since he was seen where she had gotten hit. They kept their tears, rage and pain at bay as they cleaned the dried blood off her bruised skin.

Hoseok took his time with her bruises, ensuring the clogged blood was removed, taking the tension of her muscles. He worked on the deep cuts first, healing them to small ones her body could take care of. He spent a lot of time on her stomach area. She had been kicked.

Yoongi and Seokjin begged him to take a break. Everyone could see Hoseok's life essence leaving him to rescue her, but he didn't want to. He needed to make sure she was ok. He had the necessity to heal her, to be able to do something for her. After he failed her, that was the least he could do.

"I told him everything that happened. He wanted us back but I convinced him to let us stay since Hoseok was healing Eun-ji. We killed all the rouges anyways. I don't think anything else is going to happen." Seokjin's voice was drained. No life behind his words.

He had kept his word of waking everyone up late in the afternoon. Jimin apologized to Taehyung and Namjoon about what happened. Both of them didn't hold grudges as the whole group knew their nerves were on edge.

The three of them went hunting for dinner. Everyone was silent, ate, rested a bit and went back to sleep as night fell.

"Do you think think they are going to wake up by the time we leave?"

"Maybe Eun-ji but I don't think Hoseok will. He needs rest to get his energy levels back up."

"So we leave today at five?"

"Yeah. Once the others wake up we start packing and we leave for the portal."

Taehyung went back to eating his breakfast as he waited for anyone else to stir.

****

Eun-ji woke up. Not thrashing or swinging her arms. She was aware of her surroundings this time. She laid there, not moving, listening to the sounds of nature, the light soft words her brothers were interchanging, the soft breaths of someone in the next tent.

She felt forever grateful. With everything that kept playing in her mind, she felt grateful for her brothers.

They tracked her and rescued from a cave full of rabid men. They risked their lives to get her back. They changed her and put her in a comfortable bed with blankets.

How did everything change so quickly?

How did she become damaged?

How was she supposed to move from this?

She felt dirty and guilty. She felt weak. A weak omega who couldn't defend herself.

Useless.

Ruined.

Dirty.

Stained.

Broken.

Weak.