Chapter 31- Date

"I just wanted to apologize for last night."

The two were at a coffee shop that Mephisto invited her too. He was disguised as Mark, of course. But he wanted to spend time with her, especially since their lives have became so much more intense.

Opal grasped her cup of chai tea, looking down nervously. Mephisto tilted his head, his brows furrowing with sadness. "What about it?"

"The nightmare I had...it just..." She sighed, "I don't like people seeing me that way."

"I want to see you in any way, especially when you're vulnerable." Mephisto said. Opal looked up, her pale cheeks dusting pink. "I want a relationship with you." He placed his hand on hers. "Okay..." Opal replied shyly.

"And I know its going to be hard because we are in the beginning of a war but...I believe in us."

Opal pulled away, lowering her head. She knew things were getting worse for the Princesses and Gramorr, but the worst part was that she felt as if it was all her fault. How could it not? Things only got worse when she came along.

"I wish this never happened." She quivered out, burying her face in her hands. "This is all my fault," she choked, feeling tears well up into her eyes.

"Opal.."

"I have made countless mistakes, over and over again. I'm no help. I wish they never found me, I was just fine at home with Mia."

Mephisto furrowed his brows confusingly, "At home? With no friends or family?"

Opal looked down at her tea, stirring it slowly with her spoon. He had a point, but she didn't wish to admit it. "...Yes."

"Opal, you have helped them tremendously. And...I promise when this is all over...it will all have been worth it." He holds onto her hands, a warm smile spreading across his face. "Tell me, what do you imagine when you return home?"

Opal's heart drops slightly from anxiety. She inhales sharply, her eyes moving around anxious as she begins to imagine...

"...I reunited with father, and help repair my kingdom, as well as helping repair Ephedia. I...reconnect with those who were in my life when I was a child and..." She glanced back at him, her cheeks dusting pink. "...and...hope that you can accept Fengari as your new home." She trembled out.

Mephisto's eyes went wide as he blinked a few times with surprise, "You...what...?"

"Where will you go once we defeat Gramorr? Stay at his side like a lap-dog?"

Mephisto gulped, "I never thought of that..."

She grasps onto his hands tighter, her heart racing slightly. Mia would land on her shoulder, her wings flapping slightly to calm down Opal's anxiety.

"Come home with me."

───✱*.。:。✱*.:。✧*.。✰*.:。✧*.。:。*.。✱ ───

Published on May 6th, 2023.