❛ 終わり ❜

૮₍˃̵֊ ˂̵ ₎ა
⏤ ⏤ ✎ .ೃ the end !!

"I DOUBT IT'S open. do you even remember what day it is? a saturday, koushi. a sa-tur-day?" an older and feminine-like voice asked with a doubtful tone lacing her voice.

"i know that, love. besides, who said we're going in anyway?" the woman glared at her husband as she buried her face into her scarf that rose up to just below her eyes. "it's literally freezing out here, what is he on.."

koushi shrugged off his wife's comment and pulled her closer to him to try and warm her up as much as he could. (name) wanted to push him away, but decided not to because she was on the verge of freezing to death.

just as they turned a corner, they were met with a group of people they knew all too well. the minute her eyes landed on the group, (name) suddenly pushed koushi away and ran to the best of her ability towards them.

"hiko-chan, kiyoko!!" (name) called out to the two grown women, immediately engulfing them in a hug as soon as she came in contact with them. the two said women happily accepted her hug, sharing warmth with each other.

"tsk, she doesn't even greet me like that whenever i come home from work." the silver-haired man commented annoyingly as he stopped next to his high school friends.

the whole group was finally complete. the past first-years, second-years, and third-years were all gathered in front of the gym they used to head to every afternoon for club activity.

everyone changed. some grew taller, looking more mature than years ago, some happier than before. shoyo had certainly grew taller, kiyoko now had shorter hair than before, both kazuhito and asahi now wore glasses, oh how different they all are.

"i still can't believe that we have two married couples here. and they're all unexpected." chikaru glanced over at koushi and (name). "sort of."

"can we go somewhere warmer now? i'm freezing cold!" (name) complained while hitoka backed her up. "yeah! i'm feeling quite hungry, so should we go and eat lunch?" the group agreed, and they were off finding for a restaurant.

while (name) was busy catching up with both ryuunosuke and hisashi, koushi came up to her and whispered something to her ear. "it's really nice knowing your last name is no longer (lastname), but sugawara."

(name) tried her best to hide the smile on her face as she lightly shoved her husband. she motioned him to zip his mouth, then proceeding to continue her conversation with her past same-year schoolmates.

koushi followed suit. as he was listening to daichi's explanation about what he does as a police officer, he felt warmth on his hand, making him grin. he intertwined the hand belonging to his wife with his and lightly swung it back and forth.

THE COUPLE BID their ex-schoolmates goodbye as they parted ways, all leading to their respective homes for a good rest. "(name)-san, don't forget to watch our game later!" shoyo reminded as (name) nodded with a smile. "of course! good luck, shoyo! you too, tobio!"

the two volleyball players happily thanked the older woman as they waved at her. "today was fun! except minus the cold weather.." koushi had a fond smile on his face as he listens to (name) complain and reminisce about the day's events.

noticing his stare, (name) fell silent and turned to the silver-haired man. "kou, you're staring. is there something on my face?" koushi snapped out of his daze and shook his head at her question. "nope, just beauty."

the silver-haired husband made his wife stop and turn to him. after mentioning a simple sentence that made (name) smile, koushi connected their lips.

"mission accomplished, sugawara (name)."

˗ˏˋ ray speaks! 'ˎ˗

˗ˏˋ ray speaks! 'ˎ˗

and this marks the end of 'mission',
a sugawara koushi fanfiction.
thank you for reading.