❛ 第一章 ❜

૮₍˃̵֊ ˂̵ ₎ა
⏤ ⏤ ✎  .ೃ    𝗂 𝗌𝖺𝗂𝖽 𝗒𝖾𝗌 !!

"SUGAWARA-SAN, are you alright?" the second-year assistant manager questioned, wondering why he suddenly turned quiet. "sugawara-san..?"

the confused girl turned to her best friend, who had an equally confused look on her face. "suga-san!" tanaka yelled abruptly, which successfully woke the dazed third-year. unfortunately, many students were looking their way because of him.

"a-ah! oh -um do you mind repeating, (name)-chan?.." sugawara stuttered, embarrassed to have been caught dazing off. "sugawara-san. i'm gonna ask this only once, okay?" the third-year reluctantly nodded. "are you okay? is something bothering you?"

yes, you.

"no! nothing's bothering me, don't worry. i'm just tired, that's all." (lastname) hesitantly nodded, sighing in the process. "alright. we just wanted to check up on you since we noticed that you were getting a bit more.. dazed lately."

sugawara smiled reassuringly. "i'm fine, just tired, that's all!" tanaka eyed his senior accusingly. "(name)-chan, do you mind if i speak to suga-san privately?" the girl shrugged and moved away far enough to not hear their conversation.

"suga-san. are you not getting sleep because of (name)-chan?" tanaka immediately started, which made sugawara flush red in both surprised and embarrassment. "n-no! w-what are you talking a-about-"

"(name)-chan is far enough to not hear us, suga-san! so spill it!" the wing spiker urged once more. the senior setter sighed in defeat. he slowly nodded, sighing in the process. "what do i do? i can't just stop the feelings i have for her so easily! that's not normal!"

tanaka put on a thinking face, rubbing his chin as if he grew a beard in that short timespand. "hm, when was the last time you asked her out, suga-san?"

"um.. a week ago?" sugawara answered, confusion laced his voice. tanaka abruptly turned and walked off, leaving the senior stunned and very confused. but he didn't realise that tanaka just went off to drag (lastname) with him.

"oh,(n-name)! hi! you're back! yay!" sugawara tensed when his eyes landed on the manager who appeared right in front of him. tanaka had his hands on the manager's shoulders as his head peeked out from the top of her head.

"(name)-chan, please! go out with suga-san!" tanaka shouted, loud enough for them and a few third-years surrounding them to hear. both students widened their eyes, sugawara pushing the wing spiker off of (lastname) and slapping a hand across his mouth with a very red face.

"stupid! what are you trying to do?!" sugawara hurriedly whisper-shouted at the boy. "why are you saying it out loud?! (name)-chan knows it already from the multiple times i've told her, so why are you shouting it out loud?! i'm-!"

"sugawara-san." the voice sugawara had come to always love to hear cut him off. he turned to face (lastname), slowly removing his hand away from tanaka's mouth. but he held the grip on the other tightly. "y-yes, (name)-chan?"

the setter tightly gripped onto tanaka's shirt, expecting a rejection to come out of her pretty little mouth. but the assistant manager hesitated, something sugawara didn't remember doing during his previous confessions. her eyes trailed to tanaka's, who sent her what she assumed was a thumbs up to encourage her. the girl sighed softly before meeting the silver-haired setter's eyes.

"a chance." sugawara furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. "i'm giving you a chance to change my feelings towards you, sugawara-san. if you manage to do it successfully, then i don't mind going out with you."

the silver-haired boy stood there, shocked. his grip on tanaka loosened, causing the boy to fall to the ground, clutching his body in pain. apparently, sugawara didn't just grip onto his shirt. aside from the setter, the wing spiker himself was shocked. that was unexpected, even for me!

"w-wait, are you really?" sugawara questioned, hoping he didn't hear it wrongly. (lastname) gave him a rare smile, causing his heartbeat to rise. "yes, sugawara-san. i'm giving you an opportunity to change my feelings towards you."

his soul just left his body as he stumbled towards tanaka. "i didn't i-imagine that, right?! you h-heard it too, r-right tanaka?!" the boy vigorously nodded, closely matching his senior's excitement and surprise. "she did, suga-san! she did!"

a small laugh escaped her mouth, making the two of the turn abruptly to the manager in surprise. "sorry, it slipped. anyway, we should get going, ryu. the bell is going to ring soon." tanaka nodded and patted his senior roughly on the back.

"good luck, suga-san!"

the rare smile on her face stayed as she waved at her senior goodbye. "good luck, sugawara-san. i'll see you at practice."

it would be understandable for sugawara koushi to faint at that point of time.