❛ 第四章 ❜

૮₍˃̵֊ ˂̵ ₎ა
⏤ ⏤ ✎  .ೃ    𝖿𝖺𝗏𝗈𝗋𝗂𝗍𝖾 𝗈𝗋𝖾𝗈 𝖼𝗁𝖾𝖾𝗌𝖾𝖼𝖺𝗄𝖾 !!

(LASTNAME) PATIENTLY SAT near the window, watching as droplets of rainwater trailed down the window. a soft thud alerted her and pulled her out of her daze.

"sorry, i didn't mean to surprise you.." sugawara apologised as he set the tray filled with their respective goodies on the table. once the silver-haired setter came back after returning the tray, the two dug in.

sugawara had ordered a vanilla latte and a cinnamon roll whereas (lastname) had ordered her oreo cheesecake and (drink). as they ate, sugawara couldn't help but notice a glowing light surrounding (lastname) as she ate¹. she had a similarly content expression on her face.

"do you really like the cheesecake that much, (name)-chan?" the setter asked, unintentionally admiring the girl's calming state. (lastname) gave him a thumbs-up, which was paired with a wink to show how much she loved and enjoyed the pastry.

this is probably the most i've seen her show her emotions aside from her usual calming front. should i bring her here often? seeing her so content makes me happy.. sugawara resumed munching on his cinnamon roll with a gentle smile on his face.

(lastname)'s grandmother, (lastname) azumi, saw the whole interaction sugawara had with her granddaughter. her husband, (lastname) hiroshi, had a questioning expression on his face. "they're perfect for each other, honey. the way he looks at (name) and talks to her so gently, he really has patience in dealing with our granddaughter."

azumi went over to tend to a customer, leaving hiroshi to watch the pair seated by the window. watching their interaction, a soft smile made its way on hiroshi's face. they remind me so much of her parents..

"suga-san, would you like to try some?" (lastname) offered suddenly, holding up a spoon with the cheesecake on it. sugawara narrowed his eyes at the second-year girl. "is there some sort of catch? kinoshita mentioned that you rarely share your favourite stuff."

(lastname) had a small pout emerged on her face. "fine. could we go somewhere else after this? i'll lead the way." the silver-haired setter widened his eyes slightly at her suggestion, surprised the assistant manager didn't stumble over her words.

if i was her, i'd definitely stutter. "sure, i don't mind! this is the first time you suggest to go somewhere. it had always been me, so why the sudden change? have you fallen for me already?" sugawara playfully teased, a small smirk on his face.

(lastname) deadpanned. instead of answering his question, she stuffed her spoon in his mouth, surprising the boy. with the same smirk on her face, she scooped another spoon filled with the cheesecake and pushed the said utensil into her mouth.

the poor boy's face gradually grew warmer and redder whereas his eyes widened as big as they could. t-that was a-an i-indirect kiss!! was that i-intentional?? d-did she plan t-this?? wild thoughts and questions filled sugawara's mind as the girl who caused all this drank her drink in peace.

the setter was still frozen with a red face even after (lastname) came back from returning their empty cups and plates. if this is how he's reacting over an indirect kiss, i wonder how he'd react when he gets an actual kiss.. IF! NOT WHEN (NAME)! wait, that sounds like i'll still be kissing him regardless! no no no no, please don't tell me i'm already falling for him!

after her denial phase in her mind, (lastname) lightly patted sugawara's shoulder, the latter immediately snapping out of it. with a puzzled expression, he noticed that their table was free from their utensils and that (lastname) had her bag slung on her shoulder.