❛ 第二章 ❜

૮₍˃̵֊ ˂̵ ₎ა
⏤ ⏤ ✎  .ೃ    𝗐𝗂𝗌𝗁𝖾𝖽 𝗁𝗂𝗆 𝗅𝗎𝖼𝗄 !!

SUGAWARA WAS FIDGETING with the ball as sawamura ended the last of his speech and bid the whole team a good night. he was the first one to get up and quickly throw the discarded balls on the court into the basket. "tanaka! come on! help me with this at least!"

the team was surprised at how quickly their senior setter was cleaning, wondering what got him to hurry. "oi, suga! why are you in such a hurry?" sawamura asked, the whole team (excluding tsukishima unsurprisingly), nodding and awaiting his answer.

the boy's face flushed red as he recalled the whole scenario from earlier. shimizu shook her head, amused. (lastname) had explained the earlier scenario to her, so she knew what was going on. tanaka gave him a short encouragement note as he nodded.

the silver boy grinned proudly, as he announced the whole reason why he was in a hurry. "i'm walking (name)-chan home today!!" the whole team sweatdropped at the answer, expecting a more interesting response. "why do you all look so disappointed?!"

"noya-san! did you know what happened earlier?!" tanaka excited called out to his other best friend, who nodded his head excitedly. (lastname) shook her head in disbelief, surprised that he hadn't told nishinoya yet.

"(name)-chan finally gave in to suga-san! she gave him an opportunity to change her feelings towards him! and she even gave him a smile!! and while i was walking her back to her classroom, (name)-chan was red in embarrassment! that was the first time she ever should such a different emotion!! i feel so proud.." (lastname) pouted at shimizu, the latter chuckling and outstretched her arms, bringing the younger girl into a hug.

"why are they making such a big deal out of this.." the girl mumbled to herself. "well, all of us know that suga-san has been asking you out for quite some time now, and suddenly you're doing whatever they just blurted out, so they'll obviously make a big deal out of it."

the assistant manager groaned once more. "(name)! we're so proud of you!!"

"aish, shut it you guys!"

THE LONG AWAITED walk home arrived. though the two of them walked out alone, they could feel the others watching them from afar. and it made the atmosphere even more awkward than it already was.

but they eventually left the duo alone. the two walked in silence as the wind blew past them. (lastname) glanced at the boy walking next to her, observing the pink tint on his face. she briefly smiled to herself.

"sugawara-san." the girl started.

"suga-san." the boy interrupted. "suga-san is fine." the younger nodded.

"suga-san." the girl started once more. the silver boy hummed in response, slightly turning his head to face the girl. (lastname) looked up to the night sky, as her question caught sugawara off-guard. "why me?"

"s-sorry?"

"why do you like me?" (lastname) paused for a second. "is there a reason why you can't seem to get the hint that i'm not interested?" the boy breathed out a curt laugh.

"is there a reason to not like you, (name)-chan?" the young manager nodded, now turning to face the boy. "what is it, then?"

"well, we're clearly opposites." (lastname) started off. "and that's all i have to say. it's true, and you can't deny it." sugawara stayed silent, before deciding to respond.

"you're right. but you know those cliche love stories?" the assistant managed nodded. the boy grinned. "opposite attraction is one of them."

"it's called a cliche love story for a reason. and those type of things only happen in movies and stories."

"well, there's fate!"

"you believe in fate?"

"why not?"

silence washed over the pair once more. sugawara inwardly sighed. "i-i started liking you a quarter through last year, actually. then i managed to build up the courage to ask you out. remember my failed attempt?" (lastname) chuckled lightly at the memory.

"thought you'd give up honestly." sugawara arched an eyebrow. "i didn't, and look where i am now! we'll probably look back at this in the future and complain how stupid we were. actually how dumb you are!"

"for?"

"for not liking me of course! who wouldn't?" (lastname) scoffed at his words. "aren't you a litte too confident, suga-san? who knows, your chance might just fail."

"have some positivity! are you turning into another asahi?!"

"no!"

"that probably sounded insulting if he was here."

(lastname) laughed slightly, shrugging nonchalantly. her laugh was music to the setter's ears as a familiar house came into view, with the (lastname) nameplate near the mailing post. hiding his disappointment that the walk was over, sugawara watched as (lastname) unlocked her gate and enter.

once she locked it, she looked up at her senior. "i'm guessing you'll be seeing more of my house from now on then, suga-san." sugawara smiled brightly as he nodded. "if i don't wait for you, you must wait for me!"

(lastname) widened her eyes slightly in shock. "no!" (lastname) sighed softly. "i can picture myself hiding from you whenever i wanna go home alone.." the setter lightly laughed as he outstretched his arm. it went through the gate and rested atop of the assistant manager's head.

a light blush covered her face as (lastname)'s eyes widened once more. "my mission before the year ends and i graduate, is to have you fall for me. and i'm never going to give up, (name)-chan!"

a soft smile appeared on her face. "good luck with that, suga-san."

"