❛ 第三章 ❜

૮₍˃̵֊ ˂̵ ₎ა
⏤ ⏤ ✎ .ೃ 𝗅𝗈𝗍𝗌 𝗈𝖿 𝗉𝖾𝗋𝗌𝗎𝖺𝖽𝗂𝗇𝗀 !!

THE WEEKS PASSED by eventfully. aside from going to and fro school with (lastname), sugawara had been inviting the second-year girl to have lunch with him.

"am i making you uncomfortable, (name)-chan?" sugawara hesitantly questioned as the two of them made their way to their regular spot. "what makes you say that, suga-san?"

"w-well, i-i mean.. don't you have other friends to be with? i feel like i'm stealing you away from them since you've been spending a lot of time with me.." sugawara trailed off as he rubbed his nape nervously. (lastname) didn't response immediately, making his heartbeat rise slightly.

did i phrase that wrongly? did i maybe say something wrong? nervous thoughts ran through the senior's mind as he racked his brain to figure out why she was taking so long to answer. sugawara was about to apologise for asking when (lastname) finally spoke.

"my friends don't mind." sugawara turned his head slightly to look at his junior. "which i'm not surprised about since they know you like me." the setter's face flared up in embarrassment at the mention of his liking towards their assistant manager.

"aside from tanaka and the others, my friends have been trying to persuade me to give you a chance ever since they overheard one of your confessions." (lastname) added as an airy chuckle escaped her lips. "how embarrassing.."

they soon arrived at the rooftop, a moderately popular lunch spot for those attending karasuno high. the two sat next to each other near the concrete railings of the rooftop. soon enough, they quietly began eating.

(lastname) was frequently greeted by the students who were there having their break as well. "(name)-chan." the girl in question looked up from her lunch and turned to her senior with a nod of her head.

"since we don't have practice today, do you mind hanging out with me?" (lastname) was genuinely surprised he didn't stutter through the sentence, but she said it too soon. "t-that's if you're free a-and comfortable with doing!"

(lastname)'s lips straightened and her brows furrowed as she tried to remember if she had important things planned for the day. well, aside from planning to eat a slice of oreo cheesecake.. i guess i'm okay to go?

without the assistant manager realising, sugawara was openly admiring her face. he had to resist the urge to squeeze the girl's cheeks and hug her tightly. the silver-haired setter snapped out of his daydreaming when (lastname) spoke.

"as far as i remember, i don't have any plans today." she answered, making sugawara nod happily. "do you have anything planned though?"

this time, it was sugawara's turn to think. while waiting, (lastname) resumed consuming her lunch. i did recall narita mentioning that (name) frequently visited xxxx cafe because of the slices of cake they serve.. should we go there instead?

"should we go to xxxx cafe? i haven't been there before and i hear the pastries they serve are yummy!" (lastname) perked up at the mention of the said cafe. she had literal sparkles in her eyes as she furiously nodded her head.

sugawara thought he'd faint from how dangerously close (lastname)'s face was with his. and she didn't seem to realise or care.

(LASTNAME) HEARD GIGGLES coming from her friends as she packed her bag. class had just ended minutes ago. "what are you guys giggling about?"

miura kayano, ishida hayami and hara mai were (lastname)'s closest friends. they shared multiple classes together. "look who's waiting for you by the door, (nickname)!" hara commented, pointing towards the classroom door.

she struggled slightly to see as her classmates were packing their bags as well. but she managed to catch a glimpse of silver hair. (lastname)'s mouth made an 'o' shape. she resumed packing, which made her friends upset at her lack of emotions.

"i heard you're going to xxxx cafe with sugawara-senpai! are you really? isn't that your favorite go-to cafe?" ishida curiously questioned as she swung her bag to sling on her shoulder.

(lastname) nodded once she stuffed the last of her books in her bag. without warning, miura jumped at (lastname) excitedly. "ahh! i still can't believe you're giving sugawara-senpai a chance!! though i'm quite sad that you're not spending time with us as much as you do.."

the assistant manager of the volleyball club smiled softly. "then should we plan something to do for the weekends?" the three girls nodded their heads frantically. "okay, okay! i'll go ahead first, okay? i'll see you guys tomorrow!"

the three bid (lastname) goodbye before turning to each other and continuously suggesting ideas on what to do for the weekend. just as (lastname) stepped out of her classroom, her eyes met a pair of hazel-brown eyes.

sugawara brightened at the sight of (lastname), the negative mood he was previously feeling vanished. the two maneuvered their way through the crowded hallways belonging to the second-years.

the moment they finally escaped the crowd, they heard light pattering of the rain hitting the sheltered school. after changing out of their indoor shoes to their outdoor ones, (lastname) went ahead to search her bag for an umbrella.

she had a pleased look on her face when she pulled out a dark blue retractable umbrella. turning to her senior, she noticed that he had a guilty expression plastered on his face. "i.. forgot to bring my umbrella.. i didn't check the weather forecast today.."

(lastname) shook her head amusingly while opening her umbrella. she beckoned sugawara to step in under the shade of the umbrella, who was rather hesitant to do so. "would you rather arrive at the cafe dry, or wet, suga-san?"

from that question, sugawara turned pink in embarrassment. he ducked underneath the umbrella as the two carefully made their way out into the rain. it wasn't raining heavily, which the two schoolmates were glad about.

unbeknownst to them, a second-year was waiting underneath the shelter, gripping the strap of her bag tightly.

the walk to the cafe was silent. (lastname) wouldn't call it a comfortable silence though, it was awkward. sort of. the girl wanted to spark a conversation to remove the awkward atmosphere surrounding them, but she couldn't think of a topic to talk about.

"are you doing anything this weekend?" (lastname) briefly glanced at sugawara. "yeah, i'm gonna be spending my weekend with my friends. i don't know what they're planning though, so i'm just hoping it's nothing too crazy."

a breathy laugh sounded (lastname)'s ears. "what about you, suga-san? are you doing anything this weekend?" (lastname) repeated his question as they neared the cafe. "nothing out of the ordinary. i'd probably just think of you in my free time."

(lastname) widened her eyes at the last sentence, turning to sugawara who had a cheeky grin plastered across his face. she tried to fight back a small smile which sugawara noticed.

with his mood lifted up tremendously by the action, he unexpectedly dragged the poor girl with him as he ran towards the cafe. (lastname) had no choice but to follow.

once they were underneath the cafe's shelter, sugawara took (lastname)'s umbrella and closed it himself. (lastname) went in first, the familiar scent of pastries calming her. "oh (name) love! i see you're back again!"

the two students turned to the voice. "yes, i am!" sugawara turned to (lastname), his face asking whether she knew the pretty old lady behind the counter. "she's my grandmother, suga-san!"

i see why she often comes here.