¡ "and so i had a late arrival"

nick's pov:

"come on, come on! answer [name]!" he yelled out as the discord ringtone fans around the silent room. he then glaces at the time on his computer as it strikes 1:05 am.

'he should be awake right now..' he thought. suddenly, the noise of somebody joining the call rings out. staring back at his tab, his smile widens.

your pov:

as i was taking the best nap of my life, i get woken up midway by this loud alarm. 'fuck i forgot to put myself on do not disturb..' i thought while groaning. i groggily get up, with my vision still blurry and squint to see who is calling me at 1 am. it's nick. of course. what does he want now? i click the join button.

"what's up?" i sleepily mumble.

"i just had the best idea ever!" he says excitedly.

"hm?"

"do you remember when i talked to you about the podcast i do with my friends?"

i sit there for a bit thinking back at the moment. oh yeah, i was half asleep while he was talking about it.

"mhm" i say.

"well, i was thinking i bring you in as a guest! it'll be the perfect moment to introduce you to them!"

"WHAT?" i blurt out.

"i mean, only if you were okay with it."

"you think i'll be okay in a call full of strangers meanwhile being streamed onto spotify AND youtube?"

we both sit there in silence for a bit.

"please?" he pleads.

i lay there for a second, deciding on whether or not i should allow nick to expose me to his online friends.

"fine.. but only for an hour! i don't want to collect their chronically online-ness.." i say. thats the joke. i already did.

"yes! okay so, this event starts today-"

"TODAY? you're giving me no time to prepare for the horrors i'm about to face!" i whine.

"as i was saying before you cut me off, the event starts today at 7:30 pm. at that time, i'll text you to see if your on then add you into a private call. i'll type it into chat so that you don't have the excuse that you 'forgot.'" he says while typing.

i groan.

"whatever, i'm going to bed now." i respond.

"alright, goodnight [name]y!" nick says.

"night nicky.." i say before leaving.

let me sink this in. nick wants me to go onto a call. but not just any call, a call for his episode. a recorded call where i have to watch what i say. not only that, with complete strangers. this man is going to be the death of me, emotionally of course.

i put myself on do not disturb and turn off my computer. after the red dot signals that it's turned off, i waddle over to my bed and fall into deep sleep.

| the next day |

fuck. what time is it? i double-tap my phone and see it's 12 pm.

'i guess i should get up..'

i walk over to the kitchen of my apartment while looking at all of my notifications. grabbing a bowl, [fav/cereal], a spoon, and milk, i set them all on my mini table specifically made for one since i hate having company over. while i'm having my breakfast, i start to ponder.