On Our Way To The Masquerade

With the sewing machine Mista had given her, Lira got to work making her outfit for the Masquerade. She had a short list of things it needed to be:
1. It has to match the mask, so it will be pearl white and have gold accents.
2. It has to be somewhat practical. This is a sting operation and there may be lots of action and running.
3. It has to be something that Bucciarati will want to rip off.

Lira smirked as she thought about the last one. She had to get fabric, which meant leaving the hideout. "Where's Bucciarati?" she asked as she entered the living room.

"Another meeting with Polpo," Fugo said. "And Luca."

Lira felt her heart rate increase at the thought of Bucciarati meeting with the slimeball who was basically dating a shovel. She instinctively grunted and scrunched her nose in disgust.

Fugo noticed. "I don't like it either," he said. "Where are you off to?"

"I need to get material to make my masquerade dress," Lira replied. "I mean, we need to dress up, right?"

"It's taken care of," Fugo said as a look of hesitation washed over his face. "There's, um... we have costumes in this box over here." He led Lira to a wide, shallow box by the door.

"Oh, ok," Lira said. "I kind of wanted to make my own."

"Bucciarati wouldn't chance any of us going shopping, so he paid a theater company to just deliver some old costumes," Fugo trailed off, the look of hesitation on his face intensifying. He almost looked like he was hiding something.

"Fugo, bish, what is wrong?" Lira blurted out as she flung the box open and dug both hands inside. She saw some basic men's theater costumes, like regency attire and puffy shirts:

 She saw some basic men's theater costumes, like regency attire and puffy shirts:

That cute black and gold getup was clearly for Bruno

That cute black and gold getup was clearly for Bruno. She smiled, but then she saw the atrocity that was clearly meant for her:

 She smiled, but then she saw the atrocity that was clearly meant for her: