Chapter 9

It had been a couple days and i hadn't really talked to Neymar. I have been hanging out with friends all weekend so ive never really had time to catch up with him. It was now Monday and Lionel didn't have training so i went over to his for dinner.

"Thank you Lio this looks amazing" i said digging into my food.
"My pleasure" He smiled and did the same.

We soon finished and i asked him "Have you talked to Neymar recently?"
"Yes?" He said raising and eyebrow
"Oh ok"
He then had a face of realization and said "If you want to know, no he hasn't talked about you...but he's been busy all weekend with events and stuff so don't overthink it."

I wasn't shocked he hadn't talked about me because i think that would've been a bit weird...yes we've kissed but like we've only known each other for a couple weeks. But i felt a sense of relief realizing he had been busy too.

It was 11pm, i slumped into bed and started scrolling on my phone when i came across a headline: NEYMAR JR SPOTTED WITH POTENTIAL GIRLFRIEND. Oh well im honoured they think im his girlfri-.

Neymar spotted with Brazilian model Gabriela de sol in local restaurant Sunday evening. Witnesses say they shared romantic relations and we have photos to back that up. [made up name]

Then followed a photo of him and a jaw-dropping girl kissing.
I continued reading.

We suspect that they may be dating after leaving holding hands and getting in one of Neymars many cars. We'll update you as more information comes.

When i stopped reading i realised my mouth was slightly opened. I sighed, shut off my phone and dropped it on my stomach. I knew it was too good to be true.

The next day soon arrived and i headed to the stadium. I definitely wasn't gonna stop working for the coach 1. because i didn't want to let Lio down and 2. it was a fun job. It was just gonna be awkward if i saw him there.

After setting out the equipment i sat high up in the stadium seats. I enjoyed watching from a height and i was all alone which avoided me running into him. I heard panting behind me and i jolted around.

"Hey beautiful, why are you up here?" He said sitting in the chair across the aisle.
"Its nice up here" I said in a semi-cold tone not looking at him.
"Is everything ok?" He asked
"Yup" I replied and went on my phone signalling for him to leave. I didn't bring it up because i didn't want to possibly start and argument. He pecked the top of my head and walked away.

I didn't really have any right to be mad as we weren't dating and had only kissed once. I was just hurt, really. Training finished and i walked out from the back of the stands which saved me having to walk all the way back down.

I got a message a few hours after i arrived home.

Neymar

Ola, want to drop by mine?

I wanted to bring up the topic of Gabriela so i replied .

wrong number?

What?

sorry i thought you meant to send that to someone else.

Who else would i want to send that to, meu amor. I meant it for you, Adriana.

Gabriela de sol?
read 19:03

Of course he left me on read. Of course he did. I woke up the next day and repeated the same pattern as yesterday. I got dressed into an oversized tshirt, leggings and some battered converse i found in my wardrobe.
Then i left to the stadium. I set out the equipment and it took awhile for anyone to come out, either i was early or everyone was late. I'd like to think it was the second one.

This time i sat a bit closer than i did yesterday as i couldnt be bothered to walk up anymore stairs. I could constantly feel Neymar's gaze but i ignored it. I soon saw him run over to his phone and soon after mine dinged. He watched me until he saw me open my phone.

neymar

Can i talk to you later? Please.

go for it.

I replied because i wanted to hear what he has to say, im not that kind of person who doesnt give anyone a chance to talk.

It was the end of training and Neymar still hadnt come up to me so i walked to my car. I soon saw Neymar outside waiting.

"Hey" he said quietly
"Hi" I said with a cold tone
"Listen, what happened with her doesnt mean anything to me"
"No no no. Im not letting you break another girls heart. You dont kiss someone, hold their hand, laugh with them, leave in your car and say it didnt mean anything. Oh wait you did that with me..Maybe thats just what you do. Go around, find girls, lead them on and let them find out you were with a different girl the night before" I cut him off.

I soon realized i had just said he broke my heart, it was a bit of an exaggeration. I had a calm voice as i didn't want to start drama in the middle of the car park

"Im so sorry Adriana, she asked me to dinner with her so i kindly accepted. She kissed me and i offered to drive her because its the polite thing to do i thats why she got in my car". He replied with the same calm tone at first but it soon started to sound sad.

"Neymar, you took her to your house and she left the next morning" i knew this from new photos that were released.
"If you liked me and she didn't mean anything to you then you would've told me right? So i didn't have to find out over some stupid gossip website" I laughed with no humour intended.

"We aren't even dating." He replied
I took a calm deep breath "Which is why i don't want to chop your head off right now. You're single, do what you want. Just don't lead me on like that then drop me for a different girl when you get the chance. I liked you. I like you. Im not angry at you, Neymar. I just feel used and extremely hurt." I said he didn't respond so i started getting into my car.

I saw him drop his head to his hands as i drove away.
I hope we can figure this out. He's a nice guy....

~*_ STAY WITH ME _*~
~lanaxpage~

bit of a long chapter to make up for missing it yesterday. I would appreciate feedback, voted and comments to know how to adapt this story!! hope you're enjoying it ❤️