"Shocking" News

*Days later during lunch* No One's POV

Wednesday, Enid, Ajax, Yoko, and Xavier were sitting at their usual spot. It became a habit to sit there as Enid encouraged Wednesday to try to make new friends. Even though Wednesday considered them far from friends. They were basically a friend group already considering they spent their lunch breaks together.

"Um guys me and Ajax have an announcement to make." Enid spoke up looking at Ajax for approval, Ajax nodded. Everyone's gaze and attention were towards the two. "Ok so me and Ajax decided it'd be best if we stayed friends. We broke up."

"Shocking." Wednesday said sarcastically while eating a piece of broccoli with a fork. Enid glared at her.

"So, who broke up with who!?" Thing gestured completely ignoring the fact that the situation was a sensitive one.

"Thing." Wednesday scolded him.

Wednesday looked back at Ajax and Enid. "I think it was Ajax, I mean considering how well Ajax had Enid around his fingers." Wednesday smirked at the two.

Xavier burst out laughing "Damn imagine getting dumped Enid."

"At least she dated her crush," Yoko said then pointing to Wednesday. "your crush accused you of being a monster and put you in jail. You never had a chance with her anyway." Yoko jumped in, defending her friend, causing everyone to laugh except for Xavier and Wednesday, she never laughed.

"Ok whatever, who broke up with who though?" Xavier said feeling embarrassed trying to take the attention off from him.

"I did" Enid said. "I didn't feel the same way anymore."

Xavier chuckled at Ajax. "Damn that must be hard."

"Must be hard having to be the one doing the chasing. Your crush wanted nothing to do with you in the first place." Ajax said smirking at him. "Besides," He turned to Enid. "I think I'm better off with her being like a sister to me." He smiled, receive a warm smile from Enid.

"Wow I'm glad I'm just a hand, if I were you Xavier, I'd burry myself." Thing gestured tapping on Xavier's hand that was placed on the table.

"I'll be glad to burry Xavier." Wednesday chimed in.

"I'll let you burry me if you go on a date with me." Xavier said smirking.

"My boy, you NEED to get glasses." Ajax chuckled putting his hand on his best friend's shoulder.

*The day of the camp field trip (5:23am)* No one's POV

Enid came into the dorm.

"Wednesday!" Enid almost yelled

"What? I told you I would gouge my eyes out if I had to go to this stupid field trip." Wednesday said as Enid grabbed both of her wrists with her hands, holding them in between them not letting go.

Wednesday's POV

I felt Enid grip on my wrists. It was the first time they were this close, ignoring the hug from before. I wonder why I haven't stepped away yet.

"Wednesday you can't be hurting yourself," Enid sighed "you know, I never really realized that you were being literal when saying those kinds of things."

"You should know, I mean I have tried killing someone, remember pool boy? A disappointment really, would've been glad to visit his funeral, I'd be the only one smiling." I said remember the screams of my victim, cracking a small grin on my face.

Enid just rolled her eyes and got closer to me. 'Okay seriously what the hell is wrong with me, I HATE when people get close especially this close' I thought to myself, somehow not having the urge to step away.

"Wednesday I really don't like it when you get hurt." Enid said staring into my eyes still holding onto my wrists.

"That's weird coming from the werewolf that has her claws digging into my wrists." I said looking down at my wrists, with some blood.

Enid immediately let go of me stepping back. "Oh my god, I'm so sorry." She said as her claws went back in. I could see her nervous, she was fidgeting her fingers.

"It's fine, I mean if you're my best friend like you say you are, you'd know that I like pain, brings comfort. Pleasure." I say the last word in a low tone, I know Enid heard it, she stared at me.

Enid's POV

"I gave you pleasure?" I said hesitantly. I don't know why but I kind of felt happy, pleased even, that I made Wednesday feel pleasure. 'OMG ENID, NO' I thought to myself scolding my dirty thoughts.

There was silence for a few brief seconds until Thing broke it.

"I don't have a brain because, well, I'ma hand obvi, but 'Dirty mind, dirty mind, D- D- D- D-, Dirty Mind'." Thing gestured while doing a lil dance, catching the attention of the black cat and golden retriever.

We both stood there awkwardly.

"I'm sorry about the claws thing, I'm just really nervous about the field trip, I'm in charge of the party. There's going to be a party at night for the first day, which is today, and I'm scared that I might mess things up." I said looking at Wednesday's bloody wrists.

Wednesday notices my stare. She looks at her wrists and licks them. "Hmm, tastes better than the fake blood from last year's dance. Maybe because it's real blood this time."

Seeing her, I gulp.

Thing notices my action and does his lil dance once more before I give him a 'fuck off' look.

"You really are a weird homicidal." I say causing her to smirk.

"I'm glad you know. I would like for everyone to know that." She says her smirk still in place.

"I think everyone knows that considering the way you speak and act towards people." I speak

"I know I'm rude to people, I mean can you blame me? People can be so annoying." Wednesday says her regular emotionless face appears.