So the hug meant nothing?

Today's the first day back at Nevermore. And Enid is over the moon to get to see her best friend again after 7 weeks on break.

Enid's POV

I am in my dorm unpacking my clothes leaving most of them scattered around my bed and then I hear a noise.

"Hello?" I asked knowing I was the only one in the dorm, or so I thought.

I hear the noise again, so I try to find the source of it. I walk towards the opposite side of the room that is completely empty with only a bed and a desk. I stand there as the noise has stopped. I then jump slightly as I hear noise but it's louder and a bit violent. The desk was shaking. My claws come out as an instinct, I put them back in.  I then slowly open the drawer revealing some(thing).

"THING!" I smile brightly almost yelling, excited to see him knowing that with him comes Wednesday.

He then proceeds to go on top of the desk. My bright smile slowly turns to a frown. I can see he had a cut on him.

"What happened to you?" I asked worriedly

"I happened." Wednesday spoke up with a bit of anger in her voice from behind as she came through the door.

"WEDNESDAY! YOU'RE HERE!!" I say as my eyes widen and turn around to face her with my big smile.

I then rush to her to give her a hug but she steps back quickly causing a confused and a bit disappointed look on my face.  

"I thought it was ok for me to hug you? I mean considering that hug-" I said before being cut off.

"Enid, you forget that, you were crying," she begins. "which is weakness if I do say so myself." she says causing me to give her an annoyed look. "I didn't want to make things worse for you by rejecting your hug, besides that hug was and is," she makes her voice a bit louder saying the last word. "the only and last hug you'll ever receive from me."

I couldn't help but feel sad at the words she said.

"But you hugged me and if we're being honest I think you had more chemistry with me than I did with you in that hug." I say smirking at her, I could see panic in her eyes.

"So the hug meant nothing to you? To our friendship?" I said stepping closer to her, she stepped back.

She ignored the question and walked up to Thing.

No One's POV

"Wow, you two were in your own little world, I was wondering when you'd notice me." Thing gestured sarcastically.

Wednesday rolled her eyes. Enid remember the question she asked before to Thing.

"Wait what did you mean by 'I happened?' What did you do to Thing." I asked Wednesday

"Nothing that concerns you, just know he had it coming when he decided to remember my parents about coming back to this horrid place." She said glaring at Thing.

Thing just flipped her off causing Wednesday's blood to boil.

"You sure are getting bold day by day huh? Maybe I should feed you to the piranhas." She said with murderous intentions in her eyes.

"Wait so you weren't planning to come back?" Enid asked with a gloomy face

Wednesday noticed. "You should wear that face more often, all that smiling can cause wrinkles."

"ha ha very funny." Enid said sticking her tongue at the shorter girl. "But seriously were you just not gonna come back? And you said I was gonna leave you in the past." Enid said somewhat teasing the girl because of what she said the last time they were saying their goodbyes.

Wednesday rolled her eyes and sighed. "No, I was planning to go here a little later in the school year. I heard there was gonna be a camping field trip the third week into the new school year, I would've gouged my eyes out if I had to attend."

"Oh." Enid blew out air and held her hand to her chest dramatically. "I thought for a second I meant nothing to you."

"You and very few people mean something to me, and may I remind you that something is very low." Wednesday said with her usual monotone voice.

Enid just chuckled knowing that deep down that 'cruel' heart of her homicidal roommate, she considered her as a close friend.

~Author's Note~

This is my every first story, I'm new to this whole author thing. Ps: I did this bc I was bored and had nothing better to do. 💀