28

A radio-talk host echoed through the small vehicle, marking itself as the only sound except for the jostling of the car. Happy had immediately turned the radio on when they'd gotten into the car, but unfortunately, the music had gone away and now they were just listening to an old guy talk about his experiences with maid cafes. Peter didn't mind, though; honestly, he wasn't even aware there was any noises at all. Peter had his knees folded up against his chest—not caring that his shoes were on the leather seats and could potentially be ruining it. 

He was resting his head against the window, watching mindlessly as buildings and cars and people went along with their lives: completely unaware to the nightmare he was living in. Every now and then Happy would hit a bump and it would cause Peter's head to bounce off the window and slam back into the glass but Peter didn't care. He was lost in his own insufferable thoughts. The window fogged from his breath, and Peter watched how when he held his breath, the fog would fade, and when he let it out, the fog would return. He continuously breathed in and out in different durations to watch how it affected his vision through the glass, causing his attention to be momentarily distracted. However, when a commercial came on the radio about his aunt's favorite italian restaurant, Peter immediately burst into tears. Happy was startled but not surprised; he was expecting the kid to cry the whole time. Peter hid his face in the sleeves of his hoodie as he intensely attempted to stop the choked sobs from leaving his body. His whole body shook with each sob and all Happy could do was pay attention to the road and get them safely home. However, even if Happy wasn't driving, he probably wouldn't know what to do in this situation anyways. 

Peter had cried and mumbled to himself for the rest of the ride but had thankfully calmed down by the time they parked. Happy had said something about following him, so after unbuckling himself, Peter stumbled out of the vehicle with his head hidden in his hands. He didn't know if anyone was gonna be there, but he did know he didn't want anyone to see him. Happy walked around to the passenger side where Peter stood and gently held his arm to lead him to wear he needed to go. Peter blindly followed, obeying the man's instructions when he said to take a step up or to take a turn, and soon Peter was left to his own devices. Happy had muttered something about getting ready for bed, but Peter didn't really take note of it. 

Finally aking his head out of his hands, Peter glanced around the room he was now in. A large window was inplace of where a wall should be, with a massive and luxurious looking bed in the center of the room. Peter tip-toed towards the window, immediately noticing how part of the corner was a bay window stocked with blankets and pillows. Exhaling, he plopped himself down onto the cushioned bench and rested his head on the window once again, gazing out at the bustling city below him. As he watched the distant lights twinkle and dance around, Peter couldn't help but let his eyes drift shut as he fell into a nightmare-filled unconsciousness. 

--------

(A/N)

Sorry for the short chapter!! Due to the holiday season updates will probably be slow and wonky for a little bit. I might write a Christmas special chapter so if that's something you're interested in, lemme know! I hope you guys have a lovely holiday season <3 

Also, some shameless self promotion lmao: If you're interested in art from a variety of different animes here's my Instagram acc! _kafouse_draws_ . There's also some art for Marvel, too, but only a couple are posted. There's quite a few posts for The Legend of Zelda: Breath of The Wild, too, so if you're interested you can check it out <3