9

Peter Pov

It had been a week since I stayed at MJ's and Flash hadn't said anything to me, let alone hurt me. It was as if he was afraid of me now because he would move as far away from me as possible. Maybe he's just having a good week?

"Hey, Peter-man!" Ned cheered as I turned the corner, coming towards our next and final class for the day: physics. As I got closer I noticed Ned attempting to subtly glance over me, probably checking to see if I was dying or something. Keyword being 'attempting.'

"Hey, Ned." I smiled and we did our secret handshake. "How're you?" I asked as we entered the doorway and headed towards our seats. We were a few minutes early so we'd have time to talk with each other. As Ned opened his mouth to respond to my question, I felt my hip jam into something and I nearly face-planted into the floor. After stabilizing myself, I looked to see what I smashed into and saw an angry and nervous Flash staring at me from his desk, his items thrown all over the floor.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry Flash." I stumbled over my words and quickly bent down to pick up his papers. Good week Flash is definitely gone now. Say farewell to my straight nose and intact teeth.

"You're fine Peni- I mean, Peter." Flash grumbled and both Ned and I whipped our heads towards his direction. Low-and-behold, Flash was staring down at the floor and not cursing at me for being an idiot orphan. Ned and I switched between staring at each other and staring at Flash.

"Okay," I said, prolonging the 'ay' and setting his papers on the desk. "Bye, then?" I nudged Ned towards our seats and continued to stare bug-eyed at Flash as we walked away. As we sat down, Ned and I immediately bent our heads towards each other and began whispering.

"What the hell?" Ned cursed, "Did Flash just apologize?"

"I guess so?" Was all I said as I glanced at Flash who was sitting with his arms crossed. When the teacher came in and announced for us to pull out our notebooks and textbooks, all I could focus on was the fact that Flash was actually being nice. Maybe he finally decided to go to therapy.

Class went by fairly quickly because a) I love physics and b) I was distracted by Flash the entire time. Flash deciding to be nice for once in his life will be the next world mystery that twelve-year-olds will obsess over at midnight, just like the bermuda triangle and the illuminati. After exiting the classroom and separating from Ned, Flash pulled me aside with a very large frown. Well, here it is. My death.

"Don't get confused, Parker." Flash growled, "I still don't like you and as soon as this asshat gets off my ass I'll go right back to beating you up. Seriously, though, Parker. Are you so pathetic that you have to hire someone to threaten me?" I stared at him in shock and confusion. Someone threatened him?

"Someone's threatening you? Are you o-" Flash interrupted my worrying with loud and maniacal laughter. He clenched his stomach as he nearly reeled over from laughing so much. Then, as if a switch was flipped, he stopped laughing and glared at me, pointing an accusatory finger at me.

"Don't mess with me, penis." Flash rolled his eyes and folded his arms across his chest. "I know you hired them and I hope you know that it won't stop me forever. As soon as they stop monitoring me I'm killing you." He turned his back towards me and began walking away. "I'll leave the mystery of how you can even afford someone to do this and blame it on you being a stripper or some shit."

"Flash, I really don't know what you're talking about." I yelled at him, only receiving a middle finger from him as he turned the corner. Someone's threatening him? Why would someone do that? They're definitely not trying to protect me, and I'm not aware of Flash bullying anyone else, so it must just be a sick joke. Who threatens someone as a joke? Not gonna lie, sounds like something Flash would do. I stared in his direction for a few moments before continuing my quest towards my locker. Neatly placing my books inside, I grabbed my backpack that held my suit and slammed the door shut, heading out of the building.