3

Peter POV

So, we have a problem. My metabolism is 3x the amount of an already super high rate of metabolism. On its own, that fact isn't a problem...However, if you throw in May and I not having much money, it creates a bit of an issue. The reason I'm bringing this up now is that the bullet wounds and broken ribs and bruises and everything aren't healing. At all. Or at least not how it's supposed to with my usual healing abilities.

I stood in the school bathroom in one of the stalls, examining every part of my body that had gotten injured. My bandages were either soaked through with blood or were falling off of my body.

"Shit, shit, shit," I whispered under my breath. (Sorry Captain America) Why wasn't I healing? I thought I'd been eating enough to at least help a little bit. I rummaged around in my backpack where I had stored a few extra bandages and wipes. How long has it been since I've had a decent meal? Three days? Four maybe? Except I had a banana yesterday at lunch, and a few french fries the day before. That was usually enough to help!

I hissed as I accidentally stretched a piece of hurt muscle. "Aha!" I cheered as I pulled out another bandage. After quickly sanitizing my wounds again with hand sanitizer, I bandaged everything up and left the bathroom. It was the end of the school day and I had luckily not had any incidents with Flash since this morning. Probably just jinxed myself, though.

"Hey, Peter!" Ned smiled at me as he watched me stuff my belongings into my locker. "You doing SM-ing tonight?"

"Um," I slammed the metal door shut. " I got pretty hurt last night so it'll have to be pretty calm."

"Oh man, I'm sorry." Ned did a quick glance over my body. "Everything all good? You healing fine?"

"Of course," I lied. "Just going to take a bit until I'm fully healed."

"Take it easy, man." He gave me a soft tap on my shoulder, but even though it was soft it still hurt. Thankfully Ned is a little bit oblivious and didn't notice my wince and silent cursing. "Oh shoot, I've gotta go. Say hi to May for me!"

We did our signature secret handshake and immediately went different ways. I had heard of some applications for a Stark Internship so I was heading towards the school office to pick one of them up. I'm not sure what exactly to expect, but I bet I'll have to do a test of some sort. That's fine, though. I'm confident in my abilities.

Walking into the office, I'm greeted with the scent of old leather and some other smell that I couldn't quite name. Maybe freshly sharpened pencils? I don't know.

"Um," I clear my throat, trying to get the receptionist's attention. "Excuse me?"

"Oh!" She slightly startles and brings her attention to me. "I'm so sorry, I didn't hear you come in. What can I help you with, dear?"

"I heard something about an application for the Stark Internship? I was just wondering if I could get one or maybe sign up to get one or-" I start rambling but am interrupted by the receptionist quickly standing up and walking to the back of the room.

"Of course! Here you are." She hands me a piece of paper absolutely covered in text. "Just go ahead and fill that out over on that couch!"

"Thank you.." walking over to the couch, briefly glancing over the words printed on the paper. I don't even know how to fill this out. Should I do it in pen or pencil? Is cursive better than normal? I can't do cursive very well, though.. Wait what's this section? "Write a three-paragraph essay about why you should get this internship". How am I supposed to do that! I don't know why I should get it, I just want it! I loudly groan and decide to start on the basics: my name and the date. Once I finish filling that out, I stare at everything else. Maybe I could ask an adult?